Author Topic: P3Dv3 - Scenerys at the top and not active?  (Read 4778 times)

bradley27

P3Dv3 - Scenerys at the top and not active?
« on: June 08, 2017, 11:58:01 pm »
Opened P3Dv3 last night and saw all Flightbeam and FSDT sceneries had jumped out of there specifically placed positions to the top if the list and are not unselectable...

Any ideas why?

Lude2Envy

Re: P3Dv3 - Scenerys at the top and not active?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 05:40:12 am »
Opened P3Dv3 last night and saw all Flightbeam and FSDT sceneries had jumped out of there specifically placed positions to the top if the list and are not unselectable...

Any ideas why?

Are you using 3.4? The SDK says the new scenery installation procedures should work with 3.3, but unfortunately that's not the case. You need to run 3.4.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 09:29:12 am »
Are you using 3.4? The SDK says the new scenery installation procedures should work with 3.3, but unfortunately that's not the case. You need to run 3.4.

It's the opposite way around. The new installation method using the add-on.xml system, which is the suggested installation method from the P3D SDK, works ONLY with 3.4 and the current version of our installers use it only from 3.4 and above.

However, that's precisely what prevents the sceneries to be deselected, because now, the proper place to deselect an add-on, is from the "Options->Add-ons" menu.

And, as explained so many times here on the forum, if the reason for wanting to deselect the scenery is to save memory, it's totally useless deactivating FSDT or Flightbeam sceneries just to save VAS, it's a complete waste of time and effort, because the Addon Manager already does custom memory management for such sceneries, by removing all objects created at the airport, the moment you exit from its area, about 15.0 NM out.

bradley27

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 10:34:57 pm »
To be fair they're listed in my scenery library but i cant see a FS Dreamteam folder in the P3D3.4 folder anywhere and the Flightbeam folder is there but empty....?

I haven't touched/deleted or altered anything except update GSX a few days ago but that worked fine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 12:03:37 am »
To be fair they're listed in my scenery library but i cant see a FS Dreamteam folder in the P3D3.4 folder anywhere and the Flightbeam folder is there but empty....?

And why you think this is a problem ? The sceneries works so, their are installed in the proper place. The one you chose when you installed something using one of the new installers. And yes, all your previous sceneries were moved together to the new location because, even if you NOW have the freedom to install in any place you like, the scenery must still stay together.

The default folder, if you have accepted it without changing it, it's C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

Iceman II

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 01:35:02 pm »
Hello Virtuali,

Is there away of allowing scenery priority adjustments inside the SIM. (P3Dv4) I have a few modified AFCAD files that need to be in the number one position but has now been dropped to below all the FSDT scenery entries.

For example I have my own RWY modified KLAX AFCAD depending winds on the day.

thanks
IM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 02:58:15 pm »
Is there away of allowing scenery priority adjustments inside the SIM. (P3Dv4) I have a few modified AFCAD files that need to be in the number one position but has now been dropped to below all the FSDT scenery entries.

There isn't a way to do it from the sim UI.

For example I have my own RWY modified KLAX AFCAD depending winds on the day.

You might try adding your area to the add-on.xml file located is in Documents\Prepar3d v4 addons\fsdreamteam KLAX folder.

Iceman II

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 03:10:55 pm »
Ok thanks

IM

bradley27

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 10:41:07 pm »
Ah yes i see, i can see they've been moved to a new location as you said.

Why is this might i ask?

Also why is it that i cant move them down in the P3D scenery library and have them in what order they were before?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 10:42:36 am »
Why is this might i ask?

There has been countless of threads discussing this. This one, for example:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15628.msg112468.html#msg112468