Author Topic: Uninstall from P3Dv4 only not from P3Dv3 or FSX  (Read 4355 times)

Martyjr

Uninstall from P3Dv4 only not from P3Dv3 or FSX
« on: June 08, 2017, 11:01:26 pm »
I have FSX, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 on my PC.

All my FSDT / Flightbeam scenery is relocated to Addon Manager folder e.g.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\flightbeam\KDEN

I may have to Uninstall P3Dv4.

How do I uninstall FSDT / Flightbeam for for P3Dv4 and keep FSDT and Flightbeam for FSX and P3Dv3 intact?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uninstall from P3Dv4 only not from P3Dv3 or FSX
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:52:19 am »
How do I uninstall FSDT / Flightbeam for for P3Dv4 and keep FSDT and Flightbeam for FSX and P3Dv3 intact?

In P3D (with V3 you need the 3.4 version), you don't have to do anything, because the sim will auto-discover the sceneries on the first start up, asking to enabled them.

But if you keep using FSX, you'll have to reinstall all of them. Basically, keeping FSX installed, is preventing you from the convenience of not having to reinstall after a reinstall of the simulator, because FSX doesn't support this method.

Martyjr

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 10:00:51 am »

In P3D (with V3 you need the 3.4 version), you don't have to do anything, because the sim will auto-discover the sceneries on the first start up, asking to enabled them.

But if you keep using FSX, you'll have to reinstall all of them. Basically, keeping FSX installed, is preventing you from the convenience of not having to reinstall after a reinstall of the simulator, because FSX doesn't support this method.

I do have P3Dv3.4.

Yes, I am keeping FSX and I do not like having to reinstall all my FSDT products on FSX when I uninstall P3Dv3 or P3Dv4.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:07:01 am by Martyjr »
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:38:15 pm »
Yes, I am keeping FSX and I do not like having to reinstall all my FSDT products on FSX when I uninstall P3Dv3 or P3Dv4.

If you don't reinstall FSX, this is not a problem. The problem will happen (and you will have to reinstall all the FSDT products), if you want to reinstall FSX too.

Martyjr

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 03:06:18 pm »
I have FSX, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 on my PC.

If I uninstall P3Dv3 or P3Dv4.

Will my remaining P3D version and FSX remain operational .. ready to use immediately, without having to install any of my FSDT products?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 05:56:54 pm »
Will my remaining P3D version and FSX remain operational .. ready to use immediately, without having to install any of my FSDT products?

As I've said in my previous message, if you don't reinstall FSX, this is not a problem. The problem will happen (and you will have to reinstall all the FSDT products), if you want to reinstall FSX too.

Martyjr

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 06:42:17 pm »
I was stuck on this : "But if you keep using FSX, you'll have to reinstall all of them."

Thanks for verifying.

Have a good day.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell