Author Topic: A question on SODE when installing GSX ver 2  (Read 11675 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: A question on SODE when installing GSX ver 2
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 11:11:29 pm »
As in my case though running P3Dv3.2 and thus not able to use the latest version of GSX

You surely can use the latest GSX with 3.2, just be sure you use the installer which is online now. And yes, it already contains the very latest SODE installer that has been just fixed to work with it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2017, 11:16:42 pm »
If I understood Umberto's post above correctly, the new GSX supports P3Dv3.2 perfectly fine.

Almost. But there was still a problem with the existing installer, which treated it "like FSX", adding the SimobjectPaths to the Prepar3d.cfg file, which doesn't really work.

P3D from 3.0 to 3.3 are basically hybrids regarding the installation method, because it's neither entirely new (since the add-on.xml is bugged for sceneries), but it's not like FSX either, since simobjects must be added in the simobjects.cfg file...

The current GSX installer which is online now should finally work with each version.

WebMaximus

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 11:25:37 pm »
OK, this is great news so I'll then re-download the GSX installer and I guess it might be a good thing to uninstall any previous versions of SODE before running the installer to assure to have a clean installation of the latest version of both SODE and GSX?
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 12:16:04 am »
Uninstalled SODE 1.4.2 and also installed/uninstalled SODE 1.3.0 since I didn't find an entry for that one as mentioned above just to make sure my system would be clean from all previous versions.

I then installed GSX and this time everything went just fine :)

Thanks to both of you guys!!

...and for you Umberto, would P3Dv4 by any chance mean we might get PAX soon ;)? That alone would actually be a reason for me to shell out another $199 for P3Dv4 because I've been missing those PAX since the first day I started simming back in the FS98 days.

Also I hope it didn't fall off your todo list to customize the boarding/deboarding sounds so they match the time of day in the sim with phrases such as "Good morning" and "Good evening" depending on what time it is.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 12:30:36 am »
...and for you Umberto, would P3Dv4 by any chance mean we might get PAX soon ;)? That alone would actually be a reason for me to shell out another $199 for P3Dv4 because I've been missing those PAX since the first day I started simming back in the FS98 days.

Let's say that now, we don't have much excuses for not to look into them.

WebMaximus

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 09:11:32 am »

Let's say that now, we don't have much excuses for not to look into them.

Sounds promising and what about smart boarding and de boarding sounds?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 10:34:04 am »
Sounds promising and what about smart boarding and de boarding sounds?

I know it sounds funny but, we are working right now on some new features so advanced, that we don't have much time left to remember to add such a simple thing...

WebMaximus

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 10:44:52 am »
Maybe a simple thing as you say but at least to me it would still add a lot to the overall experience because it does feel a bit odd hearing "Good morning" when doing a flight at night for example.

Looking forward to what is about to come!
Richard Åsberg

jtbetteridge

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 12:29:22 pm »
As usual, I'm confused.
I also uninstalled the SODE version as above then went to install the newest GSX and was told to uninstall SODE 1.3.0 which I can't find, and GSX refuses to install..
I'm using FSX Steam on W10 but most of the instructions above seem to refer to P3D.
Help please?
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 12:39:55 pm »
I also uninstalled the SODE version as above then went to install the newest GSX and was told to uninstall SODE 1.3.0 which I can't find, and GSX refuses to install..

This was explained in this very thread, in the previous page:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15825.msg113625.html#msg113625

WebMaximus

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 01:39:29 pm »
As usual, I'm confused.
I'm using FSX Steam on W10 but most of the instructions above seem to refer to P3D.
Help please?
Thanks

Simply download the installer for 1.3.0 if you don't already have it and then install and uninstall it.

All done :)
Richard Åsberg