Author Topic: New Installers Question over old installs  (Read 2450 times)

jimstiles

New Installers Question over old installs
« on: June 04, 2017, 10:16:50 pm »
Hello All,

I have several FSDT airports and GSX installed already, due to health reasons I haven't been able to do any flying for quite a while. I am now ready to get back up there and have downloaded all my current airports and fixing to purchase the new Charlotte Douglas airport and possibly the two Hawaiian airports or at least Honolulu International on the Big Sale (Thanks FSDT).

Anyway, I was just reading one of the posts on the forum and saw that the installers have been updated to install outside of the usual location now. I'm using FSX-SE, will this affect my current installs when I install all the newer updates that have the new installers?

Is there anything I should do first before running all the new updates on everything?

Thanks for any hints,

Jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New Installers Question over old installs
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 10:39:04 pm »
Anyway, I was just reading one of the posts on the forum and saw that the installers have been updated to install outside of the usual location now. I'm using FSX-SE, will this affect my current installs when I install all the newer updates that have the new installers?

As soon as you run one of the new installer, and chose the install location for it, all the other installed sceneries will be moved and configured into that location. So, the only thing you must do, is to choose a location that has enough space for all of them (if it's on the same drive as before, it surely will be enough, since sceneries are moved one by one).

The new install location can be everywhere and, in fact, it would be best if it's not inside the sim.

jimstiles

Re: New Installers Question over old installs
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 10:51:04 pm »
Fantastic, thanks for the help and for the sale.

Jim