Author Topic: HELP!...New airport install has messed things up  (Read 3296 times)

postman41258

HELP!...New airport install has messed things up
« on: June 04, 2017, 10:09:19 pm »
I just bought KDFW and the install has totally messed things up for my other FSDT and FB airports. Addon Manager is not in the FSX folder it's on C/Program Files x86 first of all. I imported the existing airports. I have IE, KLAX, KIAH, PHNL, Hawaii 1 and 2, KJFK and FB KSFO HD from the folder that the new install put them but Couatl say's that the airports are active but not installed and I get a msg saying that Couatl has failed. Here is the log text,

couatl v3.2 (build 3823)
panic log started on Sun Jun  4 12:53:27 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'User Pos': (32.8794998418753, -97.03000855598887, 186.93 m, 1.90543 m, 0.27474067002371205)}

Windows 10
FSX Gold Edition

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I might fix this problem! Thanks    :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: HELP!...New airport install has messed things up
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 10:44:16 pm »
I just bought KDFW and the install has totally messed things up for my other FSDT and FB airports.

No, it hasn't.

Addon Manager is not in the FSX folder it's on C/Program Files x86 first of all.

And why you think this is a problem ? Users has been asking the ability to choose freely where to install our products, for years, and now it's there...

I imported the existing airports. I have IE, KLAX, KIAH, PHNL, Hawaii 1 and 2, KJFK and FB KSFO HD from the folder that the new install put them but Couatl say's that the airports are active but not installed and I get a msg saying that Couatl has failed.

I don't know what do you mean with "I imported" but, if you moved anything, it's normal nothing will work. The installer moved the correct files in the correct places but now, if you moved something, it's you that caused all the mess.

To fix this, remove all the folders you moved, and reinstall using the updated installer for all sceneries.

postman41258

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 11:55:35 pm »
I was trying to give you as much info as I thought you might need to help me. When the installer moved my existing FSDT airports it messed up my Scenery Library. FSX said they were missing when I started it up.....Sorry! As far as I was saying "imported" I meant readying them to the Scenery Library. I will try the instructions you gave me. Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 12:03:26 am »
When the installer moved my existing FSDT airports it messed up my Scenery Library. FSX said they were missing when I started it up.....Sorry!

That's only because your scenery.cfg already had some kind of error, so the installer haven't touched it, precisely for the reason not to risk to corrupt it. So the scenery were moved, but the scenery.cfg hasn't been updated, because an already existing error.

It's not sure reinstalling will fix this, if the error is still there.

postman41258

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 11:17:08 pm »
if I delete a FSDT airport from the Scenery Library, when I want to add it back to the Scenery Library, I go to the location where the Addon Manager is and that's where my airport files will be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 11:22:34 pm »
First, if you want to remove a scenery, it's best to use its uninstaller.

If you want to *temporary* disable, just disable it, not remove it.

If you think that by disabling an FSDT scenery from the Library, you'll save some memory, that's an entirely wasted effort, since we do custom memory management outside FSX, so the objects of a scenery will be removed from RAM as soon as you exit the airport.