Author Topic: Scenery Library delete and edit buttons greyed out ?? **SOLVED**  (Read 5752 times)

starseed

Greetings,
All you that have loaded P3Dv4 like me and have found you have no access to deleting or editing scenery
what is going on ?? All checked boxes in the scenery library specifically FSDT scenery are unable to move up or down in priority and that is a problem. Also impossible to delete the scenery or make it inactive as this was always accessible from the inception of flight simulator in the scenery library. Why with out warning is this an issue. What is our solution please?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:31:47 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Scenery Library delete and edit buttons greyed out ??
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 11:41:32 pm »
From another thread:

You can disable them from the Options->Add-ons menu but, as explained so many times on the forum, while this might be necessary for any other scenery out there, FSDT/Flightbeam airports, which used the Addon Manager, do their own memory management, which means every objects that is being created *only* when you are approaching the airport, usual about 15 NM out, will be destroyed and the memory reclaimed, as soon as you exit from that area so, disabling them "to save VAS", is just a wast of your time and effort.
Captain Kevin

starseed

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 12:03:44 am »
 My concern is Not when the scenery comes into view at 15 DME it is the fact that ALL the FSDT scenery is not movable as previously in every other variation. There for making it extremely difficult to manage the scenery library. Why is it not possible to delete from the scenery library or move them. That is my question in the previous post. Though I appreciate your response you did not resolve the question. 

starseed

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 12:11:53 am »

Also I have 2 sceneries that I can't delete at all. For some reason they come up on the opening screen as
unable to locate error as I tried to delete then earlier. Going into the scenery cfg. file and xml file deleting them there as well every time I load the sim I still get the error. Is there another place to look to permanently
delete them properly.Before it was simple scenery library delete then gone or control panel del. then gone. What is this new issue?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 02:01:45 am »
Though I appreciate your response you did not resolve the question. 
You asked multiple questions, so I responded to one of them, which was why it wasn't possible to make the scenery inactive. I don't know the answers to your other questions.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 02:04:32 am »
Though I appreciate your response you did not resolve the question.  

How can we possibly "resolve" the question, if the problem is that LM has decided to make scenery areas added with add-on.xml non-editable from the sim UI ?

Maybe if enough users would request it, they might add the ability to do so in an update. The system surely supports setting custom layer priority, just like before, but for some reason the option is not accessible using the sim UI.

Before it was simple scenery library delete then gone or control panel del. then gone. What is this new issue?

Just disabling it's even simpler now: from the Options->Add-ons menu. If you mess with the add-on.xml, you are only causing problems, because that's not where you disable them.

If you want to do it in the hard way, the file that enables/disable an add-on package is the add-on.cfg file, but that's precisely what the Options->Add-ons menu does so, there's no need to edit any file manually.

Re-arraning, instead, it's an entirely different issue, and it's made by setting the <Layer> property for each add-on.xml. It can be done, but it's best either LM will add this feature, or some smart developer would come up with a dedicate tool.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:07:36 am by virtuali »

starseed

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2017, 07:45:02 pm »
 Ok that was helpful and I will await results from LM or a developer. Mean while if the scenery is locked in position
and no priority is possible I hope this will not effect sceneries in the the Addon Scenery folder which are required by some 3rd party scenery companies. Thank you for your explanation sir.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 02:06:10 pm »
I hope this will not effect sceneries in the the Addon Scenery folder which are required by some 3rd party scenery companies.

I can't see how sceneries in the Addon Scenery folder from other devlopers would have any effect on our sceneries, or vice versa. We surely won't affect such sceneries and, and if it was the other way around, having our sceneries on top should fix any possible conflicts.