Author Topic: 32/64 Bit, are we there yet?  (Read 3510 times)

UcShrek

32/64 Bit, are we there yet?
« on: June 03, 2017, 09:57:37 pm »
I don't know where to ask this question, I guess I will just start here. If I am understanding correctly, FSDT products are now being included for 64b format? However every installer is in 32bit, but how do we go about installing them or upgrading them to 64bit?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 32/64 Bit, are we there yet?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 10:08:42 pm »
All our installers have been updated to support 64 bit. The only part of the software that needs to be ported to 64 bit, was the Addon Manager .dll, for which we install a 64 bit version (bglmanx64.dll), the rest is the same.

UcShrek

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 10:21:45 pm »
All our installers have been updated to support 64 bit. The only part of the software that needs to be ported to 64 bit, was the Addon Manager .dll, for which we install a 64 bit version (bglmanx64.dll), the rest is the same.

By installing you mean we have to download it or does the FSDT Live Update will do it automatically?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 10:54:21 pm »
By installing you mean we have to download it or does the FSDT Live Update will do it automatically?

If you haven't installed anything using a new installer, you should install at least something, even the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, to have all your other sceneries migrated to their new position, and the new Live Update being able to update them all.

The same will happen with any of the other installers. The migration process is made so you won't have to download everything, just one installer.

UcShrek

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 06:53:45 pm »

If you haven't installed anything using a new installer, you should install at least something, even the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, to have all your other sceneries migrated to their new position, and the new Live Update being able to update them all.

The same will happen with any of the other installers. The migration process is made so you won't have to download everything, just one installer.

Ok, sounds like it should be very simple, ♪smooth operator♫! I'm glad this has been done this way, I went ahead and started with the S-A AM so far they are working nicely.

Thanks!