Author Topic: How to move Addon Manager to new installation location? **SOLVED**  (Read 3258 times)

leanburn

I mainly fly using P3DV3, but I also have FSX and FSX-SE installed on my computer.  I have all the FSDT airports and they are all installed in both FSX and P3DV3.  I also have Flightbeam airports installed.

When updating Houston - KIAH to the latest version 2.01, the installer gave me the option to change the installation location for Addon Manager.  I decided not to accept the suggested directory on my C: drive and instead browsed to a new location on a different drive where I have P3DV3 installed.  The update of Houston completed successfully.  During the update process, the installer copied a lot of files for all my other airports to the new location of Addon Manager.  It seems to have copied files for both the FSX and P3DV3 airport installations to the new location.

I immediately realised my choice of installation location for Addon Manager was poor and now wish to change it to a new location which is completely external to any of the flight simulator installations on my PC.
So I then tried updating Memphis - KMEM, thinking that the installer would again give me the option to choose a new location for Addon Manager.  It didn't.  The installer stated "If you have already installed another product which uses the Addon Manager this installation will use the previous folder automatically."  It showed the greyed out location I chose when updating Houston - KIAH, but did not give me the option to change it again.

So my question is this:  Is there an easy way to change the installation location of Addon Manager?  If I uninstall Addon Manager, are all my FSDT and Flightbeam airports (both in FSX and P3DV3) going to uninstall as well?  Or will the airports stay installed and simply re-integrate with Addon Manager when I reinstall it in its new final installation location?

Kindly advise how best to move the Addon Manager installation location, hopefully with minimal requirement to uninstall and reinstall airports in FSX and P3DV3.

Regards,
Ian
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 03:01:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to move Addon Manager to new installation location?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 06:37:17 pm »
Kindly advise how best to move the Addon Manager installation location, hopefully with minimal requirement to uninstall and reinstall airports in FSX and P3DV3.

The safest way it to uninstall everything, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?". This will clear up your previous choice allowing select a new folder for the next install. But do it only after having uninstalled *everything*, otherwise you might end up with some files in one place and other in another place, which will cause problems.

leanburn

Re: How to move Addon Manager to new installation location?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 02:58:34 pm »
Umberto,

I have uninstalled and re-installed all FSDreamTeam and FlightBeam airports with the Addon Manager now located where I want it to be.

Everything I have tested so far is working fine.

Many thanks,
Ian