Author Topic: P3Dv4 Upgrade broke JFKv2  (Read 3376 times)

LukeK

P3Dv4 Upgrade broke JFKv2
« on: June 02, 2017, 02:53:42 am »
Installed P3Dv4 and upgraded Add-On manager and the scenery packages. Installed GSX for v4. Ever since, I am getting a Couatl crash at JFK with the following panic log in both P3Dv3 and P3Dv4:

couatl v3.2 (build 3823)
panic log started on Thu Jun  1 20:52:44 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 796, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 907, in onEnterArea
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 822, in refreshDynamicObjects
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 43, in refresh
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 128, in refreshObjects
  File "couatl\JFK2\__init__.py", line 120, in seasonChange
  File "couatl\JFK2\__init__.py", line 100, in patchSeason
RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the path specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_KJFK/KJFK_sf01.mdl"
{'Airport': 'KJFK', 'User Pos': (40.64125508041846, -73.7816670500802, 5.77338 m, 1.81138 m, 241.10181119471073)}

My other FSDT airports (LSZH, KLAS) run fine in P3Dv3. In FSX, they are all marked as being in trial mode and the Add-On manager will not accept the serial number.

Help!

Luke

LukeK

Re: P3Dv4 Upgrade broke JFKv2
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2017, 11:21:56 pm »
A complete reinstall of KJFK seemed to fix that in P3Dv3. Now I'll try reactivating the QW757, since it's broken in P3Dv3.

This migration of Add-On Manager seems to need some work. :(

Luke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:19:36 am »
A complete reinstall of KJFK seemed to fix that in P3Dv3.

That will alway fix everything.

Now I'll try reactivating the QW757, since it's broken in P3Dv3.

Work just fine for me, no issues at all, see my screenshot here, of the 757 working at KCLT:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15644.0;attach=21608;image

This migration of Add-On Manager seems to need some work.

The migration works just fine, but it requires all your old installation were in the original place, and that both the scenery.cfg and the dll/exe.xml files didn't had any errors.

LukeK

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 06:43:39 pm »
Work just fine for me, no issues at all, see my screenshot here, of the 757 working at KCLT:

What add-on manager version are you running? I have 4.0.0.3 and I am getting the QW757-2 error, on both P3D and FSX. I made no changes whatsoever to FSX; all that has changed is the Add-On Manager. There is a thread on the QWSIM forums that suggests it is due to the add-on manager version and QWSIM expecting the DLL in a specific place. I have no idea whether this is the case. I did an uninstall and fresh reinstall, same error.

Again, the fact that FSX got broken in an identical way with QW757 to P3D suggests that the 757 doesn't play along nicely with the add-on manager 4.x. I'm glad it works for you, but there seem to be a lot of folks for whom it broke. Hopefully you or the QW folks can figure it out.

Cheers!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 03:10:23 am »
What add-on manager version are you running? I have 4.0.0.3 and I am getting the QW757-2 error, on both P3D and FSX.

The one and only version that come with and works with KCLT (that's why I show KCLT), which is the same everybody would get by installing KCLT or any other FSDT installer, and since it gets downloaded automatically online, it's very difficult to get the wrong version by mistake.

Since my two screenshot clearly prove there are no problems between the QW757 and the new Addon Manager, here's a possible list of things to check:

- Installing the QW757 after any FSDT product using the new installer will cause problems, because it will "downgrade" the Addon Manager, since we still don't have an update QW757 installer that comes with the new Addon Manager AND downloads from the new server.

That's why we always say to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager as last.

- The antivirus might have blocked just Couatl, which is required by the new Addon Manager, this might be the case if the code displayed is QW757-2

- If you have the QW757-4 code, instead, it means the Addon Manager is just not running but, in this case, nothing will run, no KCLT, no GSX, nothing. In this case, the usual suggestions applies, disable the antivirus while installing, configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder.

If the antivirus is not the problem, it might be a problem of missing VC++ runtime libraries. The new Addon Manager requires both the 2013 and the 2015 version to be installed. Of course, it comes with them, and installs them, launching the official installer from Microsoft but, if you have a *problem* with them, the installer won't fix it.

Sometimes, it might be enough to reinstall the Addon Manager and restart Windows, to complete a pending installation of the VC++ libraries.

But again, I can only repeat and confirm, there are no problems whatsoever between the QW757 and the new Addon Manager, as seen in the screenshots from P3D and FSX:SE.