Author Topic: BRAVO  (Read 3616 times)

N76055

• AirTeamImages
BRAVO
« on: June 02, 2017, 01:54:34 am »
Just wanted to convey how much I appreciate this latest update to GSX! Incredible job with the new parking editor. The VGDS options are stellar, and the level of customization is just so great.

Thank you FSDT!

jgoggi

Re: BRAVO
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 12:48:47 pm »
I completely agree, had been waiting for the VGDS for years ;-)
One question: is it possible to avoid that the VGDS table disappears after parking is complete, I mean to let it stay there until the flight is over? Above all those on a ground stand, it's not very nice to see them suddenly disappear... Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 12:50:32 pm by jgoggi »
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 12:52:35 pm »
One question: is it possible to avoid that the VGDS table disappears after parking is complete, or at least to let it stay longer? Above all those on a ground stand, it's not very nice to see them suddenly disappear... Thanks.

We might increase the time a bit but, for obvious performance reasons, the VGDS is modeled in two different versions: the active one, which is very complex, with hundreds of different readouts being turned on/off, and the static one, which is the simple basic shape. You only have on active docking system at any time, the one in the parking selected with GSX, all others in the airport are static so, we put it back "to sleep", as soon as possible, so it won't affect fps too much, when the GSX service vehicles come out, keep the smooth animations.

jgoggi

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 01:02:53 pm »
Yes, maybe increasing a bit the time would be enough, in my opinion.

and the static one, which is the simple basic shape. You only have on active docking system at any time, the one in the parking selected with GSX, all others in the airport are static so, we put it back "to sleep", as soon as possible, so it won't affect fps too much, when the GSX service vehicles come out, keep the smooth animations.

Do you mean that I should see static VGDS boards also in the parkings that are not active? In my system only the board of the chosen and activated parking shows up, in the other parkings there is nothing at all.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 03:14:40 pm »
Do you mean that I should see static VGDS boards also in the parkings that are not active? In my system only the board of the chosen and activated parking shows up, in the other parkings there is nothing at all.

Only if you insert them beforehand. It would be wrong to populate the whole airport with docking systems automatically.

jgoggi

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 03:30:42 pm »
To better understand, let's assume I added VGDS with GSX "Customize parking system" in several gates at a certain airport. In normal situations (not in edit mode), if I don't select a gate with GSX menu CTRL+F12, I don't see the VGDS board in that gate, correct? Not even a dummy, non-active board, correct? I see only the active board in the gate selected with CTRL+F12, correct? Thanks.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2017, 03:32:04 pm »
Not even a dummy, non-active board, correct? I see only the active board in the gate selected with CTRL+F12, correct?

You should see the static version of it, which is identical to the active one, just the screen is entirely blank, until you activate it with GSX.

jgoggi

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2017, 03:55:20 pm »
Oh, yes, I had checked with the default F22 and the boards were not there, but after switching to the A320 I get all the boards in all the gates. Thank you!
James Goggi