Author Topic: Ground texture morphing in P3D v4  (Read 3425 times)

francesco_752

Ground texture morphing in P3D v4
« on: June 01, 2017, 09:17:42 am »
Hello,

With the release of P3D v4 I have installed all FSDT scenery that I own but I have noticed that on some sceneries I have a bad ground texture morphing (I don't know how to call it, I know it should be related to a corrupted terrain.cfg) problem.
In particular I tried CYVR, LSZH, KMEM, KLAX and KIAH (I still have to try KJFK v2, KORD, LSGG and KDFW) and in LSZH and KMEM ground texture near the airport keeps changing and moving all around.
In particular at KMEM ground texture around the airport are switched with the one under the airport so I see the grey texture of the taxiway (that usually is below the real taxiway, I hope is clear).
Untill now I tried to reinstall all the scenereis (just to be sure I redownloaded all the installers) and pointing the installer inside P3D v4 main folder (no changes).
Unistalling the sceneries solve the issue.

No other sim installed, Win10 has been reinstalled two days ago and P3D v4 is clean.

Hope someone can help,

Thank you

Francesco

Farlis

Re: Ground texture morphing in P3D v4
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 09:32:47 am »
I see the same. The effect can be compared to the one one gets with a badly migrated FTX installation.
I read about it on AVSIM yesterday evening but hadn't actually tried to fly around the airports. I then tested it with LSZH flying out of the 28. Almost within the first nm after leaving the runway it started.
It does indeed seem to be a terrain.cfg problem of some sort.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:54:20 am by Farlis »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground texture morphing in P3D v4
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 01:29:46 pm »
Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15637.msg112792.html#msg112792

It seems that's something that affects every scenery which is installed using the new add-on.xml system and it uses a Landclass, and it's confirmed to be happening to other developers too.

We asked LM for help, and they said they'll look into it.

A possible temporary solution, which should work for most sceneries, would be removing the small .BGL files that starts with LC_*.BGL from the Scenery folder under Addon Manager\fsdreamteam\XXXX\Scenery  ( Addon Manager is under whatever location you chose to install into, usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager )