Author Topic: COUATL Critical crash since the update  (Read 5598 times)

panzer2181

COUATL Critical crash since the update
« on: June 01, 2017, 04:04:03 am »
Hi,

Prior to the recent release of the update, I had not installed the FSDT Addon manager.  This time I decided to install the add-on manager to make my life easier...  After installing the software, I ran the exe file and it seemed to have done its job in updating GSX, KLAS, etc.  I am currently attempting to load KLAS and I had a critical error from COUATL saying there was an unscripted error (then prompting me to download the most recent version of the add-on manager - which I did).

here is the crash log.  Any assistance would be really appreciated

couatl v3.2 (build 3823)
panic log started on Wed May 31 21:57:25 2017

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{}
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW1_STATIC'
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 04:20:26 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: COUATL Critical crash since the update
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 04:21:32 am »

panzer2181

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 04:41:38 am »
GSX is/was already installed before the update....

panzer2181

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 04:52:50 am »
I had GSX installed. I had all of my scenery installed, including FlightBeam Studios scenery.  Now, not only do I get a COUATL critical error, but my sceney buildings are gone - including FlightBeam.  This seems to be related to this migration of files.  Though I appreciate that I can now freely choose where to install them, the migration of files appears to have created more of a headache than a solution...

I think the best approach at this point is to completely remove all of my FSDT and FlightBeam products and manually re-install them.  This is unfortunate.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 05:00:21 am »
I think the best approach at this point is to completely remove all of my FSDT and FlightBeam products and manually re-install them.  This is unfortunate.

That's precisely what the migration was supposed to save you from. Of course, we tested it, and it worked, but you cannot possibly know how complex/strange users installations are.

In order to understand the problem, I would need to have a look at your system with a Teamviewer session: PM me about this.

panzer2181

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 05:23:26 am »
Sent.

I also have two versions of Addon Manager version 3 and 4.  How would I go about to remove version 3?  This could also be part of the issue some of us are facing...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 05:42:12 am »
I also have two versions of Addon Manager version 3 and 4.  How would I go about to remove version 3?  This could also be part of the issue some of us are facing...

Yes, I can see this would be a problem but, it shouldn't happen, since the installer will first remove every previous version, before installing the new one. This, of course, assuming you haven't installed using an OLD installer AFTER the new one because in that case yes, you might have two Addon Manager.

If you did that, reinstall again using only a new installer, which should remove all double entries.

panzer2181

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 06:04:27 am »

Yes, I can see this would be a problem but, it shouldn't happen, since the installer will first remove every previous version, before installing the new one. This, of course, assuming you haven't installed using an OLD installer AFTER the new one because in that case yes, you might have two Addon Manager.

If you did that, reinstall again using only a new installer, which should remove all double entries.

No, I am using the new installers now to avoid re-installing the old addon manager.  I was able to remove the old add-on manager, so it seems ok now but I will need to reinstall all of my previous scenery.  That being said, as a misc question, I notice that the FSX.CFG portion of the add-on manager are no longer activated.  Do I need to reactivate the ones I wanted, and if I do, will it create issues in the FSX.cfg?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 06:09:45 am »
Do I need to reactivate the ones I wanted, and if I do, will it create issues in the FSX.cfg?

You activate a tweak if you want to tweak it...it won't obviously create issues, other than writing the value you selected for the tweak you enabled, when you press Save.

It's exactly as it was before, just that you must explicitly enable the tweaks to be used, so you can decide what is being saved when you press Save.

panzer2181

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 04:10:00 pm »
ok thanks