Author Topic: XAUDIO2_6.DLL  (Read 3234 times)

86swonavy

XAUDIO2_6.DLL
« on: April 25, 2017, 01:43:32 am »
Dear Forum,

Reaching out to find if someone with more technical background can tell me if GSX interfaces with DirectX? Reason I ask is lately, I've been having FSX SE not Respond, and ultimately CTD, with the faulting path being XAUDIO2_6.DLL. (Full error log posted below. Now from what I gather this isn't necessarily a GSX Issue as XAUDIO2_6.DLL is a DirectX file, not a GSX file. However, during my troubleshooting I've noticed this crash happens when I utilize GSX. I've conducted full flights, start-up to shut-down without GSX and the simulator runs fine. Additionally, I have also ensured I have downloaded the latest DIRECTX, and audio drivers to verify those weren't the issue. Now, I don't want to point the finger at GSX since I am unable to pin point what exactly is causing this error. Perhaps using GSX with the error is just a coincidence, maybe not. I'm hoping someone with more computer knowledge would be able to steer me in the right direction?

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: XAudio2_6.dll, version: 9.28.1886.0, time stamp: 0x4b6b0791
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002cbef
Faulting process id: 0x1548
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2bd42c09c5d75
Faulting application path: C:\STEAM\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\XAudio2_6.dll
Report Id: 750c342d-8aea-40fd-bfdb-75bde4492e95
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 107512499664, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: fsx.exe
P2: 10.0.62615.0
P3: 559f9a9a
P4: XAudio2_6.dll
P5: 9.28.1886.0
P6: 4b6b0791
P7: c0000005
P8: 0002cbef
P9:
P10:

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER3C97.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_fsx.exe_e94f433b858639b477e9d5c1a8069a1bf77fb2d_a37f3a76_0d2f678f

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 750c342d-8aea-40fd-bfdb-75bde4492e95
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket: be69bae22a4fbf52cac480f91dc169d4

Latest crash happened on the ground at KLGA during pre-flight checks here is what I have installed at the time:
- Feelthere Regional Jet E170 American Eagle
- ORBX OpenLC North America
- FTX Global Vector
- FTX Global Base Pack
- DRZEWIECKI DESIGN - NEW YORK AIRPORTS X FSX
(LGA ONLY ENABLED)
Now to rule out scenery being an issue I attempted flights with and without utilizing GSX....XAUDIO2_6.DLL error crash only happens when I utilize GSX. Same set up without GSX and flight runs without incident. Below are my T/S attempts thus far:

-Updated Sound Drivers
-Updated DIRECTX
-Manually Un Registered XAUDIO2_6.DLL
-Manually re-registered XAUDIO2_6.DLL Manually Register with Microsoft Register Server

Sometime XAudio2_6.dll file gets inaccessible by the operating system, because it is not registered yet. In most cases it all the system and.dll files should be registered automatically but in some cases, there could be difficulty. So, the solution is you should try to register this file manually. Apply the below given steps:

Step 1: Open the command prompt, go to Searchà type cmd, right-click on Command Prompt, and select Run as administrator

Step 2: Enter the below given code into the Command Prompt, and hit Enter:

regsvr32 /u XAudio2_6.dll (un-register the file)2

Step 3: After unregistering process, now you need to register this file again, enter the below given command, and hit Enter:

regsvr32 /i XAudio2_6.dll (register the file again)3

Step 4: After it close the Command Prompt, and try to open the game related with XAudio2_6.dll again.

Currently still attempting to Troubleshoot, however Google has yielded no solution at the time of edited posting.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:01:33 am by 86swonavy »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: XAUDIO2_6.DLL
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 09:37:15 am »
Reaching out to find if someone with more technical background can tell me if GSX interfaces with DirectX?

GSX doesn't interface with DirectX.

More precisely, it doesn't directly. GSX only knows and calls OpenAL, which is a standard audio library used by many games, and THAT one interfaces with DirectX, unless you have a sound card (Soundblaster X-Fi, for example) that has a native OpenAL implementation.

Which means, your error, which you are the first one ever reported it, assuming it is related to the usage of GSX, might be caused by bugged audio drivers not fully supporting OpenAL.

But, I don't think your problem is GSX at all:

Here's a post on A2A forum, reporting the same, identical error as yours, with the user reporting that he got rid of the problem as soon as he uninstalled accufeel:

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=37557

So, as you can see, one can be easily mislead this might be an addon problem because "it goes away when I uninstalled it", but it's surely something related to your audio drivers. Sometimes the drivers that comes with the audio card or mainboard are better, sometimes they are worse and it's best to use the ones that comes with Windows, that's not a sure thing, and you have to experiment.