Author Topic: Seeking advice & help re: config door codes in aircraft.cfg  (Read 2381 times)

panzer2181

Seeking advice & help re: config door codes in aircraft.cfg
« on: April 14, 2017, 09:09:23 pm »
Hello again!

I am in the midst of understanding why normal jetways would not move towards the aircraft when parked (ctrl+j and advanced animations enabled).  Turns out that I need to insert the exit locations in the aircraft.cfg.  Does anyone know how to do this?  I used GSX to identify my door location with the following values:

-1.69 // 15.70 // 2.50 // angle 0

Seeing what others appear to be using for other aircrafts, I do not think the GSX door values are exactly the same as what the default jetways require to activate.

I did find this value from a forum regarding the Aerosoft Airbus collection:

[EXITS]
number_of_exits = 4
exit.0 = 0.4, 28.5, -6.5, 0.0, 0
exit.1 = 0.4, 28.5, 6.5, 0.0, 0
exit.2 = 0.4, 23.0, 5.5, -6.0, 1
exit.3 = 0.4, -60.0 , 5.5, -6.0, 1

I have no idea what the values stand for.  I assume it is based on an x & y axis, but thats all I can guess.

Also, I am trying to configure a Kittyhawk 737-800 and a POSKY 737-800.  Would the GSX plane configuration be a good tool to identify those values?

Any help would be really appreciated!!

Best regards,

panzer2181

Re: Seeking advice & help re: config door codes in aircraft.cfg
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 11:10:10 pm »
Quick explanation of [EXITS]

exit.0=0.4,55.30,-7.0,9.00,0

The open/close rate is the rate at which the door opens or closes, 0.4 makes a door open/close in about 4 seconds.

The longitudinal position 55.30, this is the position from the datum point built into the aircraft model, if the value is + then it is forward of the datum point and if the value is - then it is aft of the datum point.

The lateral position -7.0, this is the position left or right of the datum point, if the value is + then it is right of the datum point, and if the value is - then it is left of the datum point.

The vertical position 9.00, this is the position above or below the datum point, if the value is + then it is above the datum point and if it is - then it is below the datum

The door type in this case is a main exit.

The position points refer to the center of the door in question, so in the case above the door is 55.30 forward, 7.0 left and 9.0 above the datum point. The units can be either metric or imperial.

The datum point is a position within the aircraft model that the designer has used to build the model from, some designers like to use the center of gravity position and others the nose, and others  just a nominal setting.

Thanks for the info.

How would I go about to get those values?