Author Topic: Pisa  (Read 6968 times)

Nixon

Pisa
« on: April 02, 2017, 12:57:35 am »
Hi
I am having problems with GSX and Aerosoft's Pisa. On approach the airport is not coming up in you're "gate window" yet two airports that are further away are showing. On landing and trying to choose a gate I get a message along the lines of their  are no parking positions available at this airport. I also have Aerosoft's  Split airport installed but not activated. I mention this as am wondering if it may be connected to the so called Airport controller that is installed with this airport. I have searched with no success on the Aerosoft's forums for any mention of a conflict between Pisa and GSX.

I apologise for not being able to remember the exact wording of the GSX messages.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Nixon

nordicman

Re: Pisa
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 12:54:09 pm »
Sorry to hijack your topic but same issue with aerosoft Munich. GSX error message " there are no parking spots available at this airport ".

zannu

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 11:54:43 am »
Same problem for me at Pisa

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 09:43:39 am »
I suggest reading the manual at Page 24, the explanation of the "airport_visibility" command, which is used to deal with 3rd party airports containing auxiliary airports (helipads, seaplane bases, etc.) very close or inside the main one.

Nixon

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 12:46:12 am »
Hi Umberto
Thanks for your reply. I have just flown the trike out of Aerosoft's Pisa and when in the air brought up the GSX menu and the two nearest airports were:
LIQL Tassignano 11.91 miles
LIQW Sarzana/Luna  29.65 miles
As I was directly above Pisa airport; the distances are from that airport. In your manual you say that for the AFCAD to interfer it must be within 3 miles. Taking that into account I haven't edited the AFCAD of the two airports above.

I have just been onto the Aerosoft forum and have discovered that a new AFCAD file is being created for Pisa. I have checked their scenery download section and can’t find a new AFCAD file. I also checked my account to see if they have updated the full download only to discover that I have the most recent version installed.

Have you any other suggestions or should I wait for the new AFCAD file?

Regards
Nixon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 08:45:01 am »
Have you any other suggestions or should I wait for the new AFCAD file?

You should check which AFCAD is used by GSX, in the scenery customization page.

Nixon

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 11:36:17 pm »
Hi Umberto

This is the AFCAD shown on your GSX customization page:

C:\FSX\Scenery\World\scenery\KDM_LIRP_ADX_ALT.bgl

Is this the correct file and if not how do I find the correct file?

If I need to edit this file what programme do I need to open it?

Regards
Nixon
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:40:09 pm by Nixon »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 09:35:47 am »
C:\FSX\Scenery\World\scenery\KDM_LIRP_ADX_ALT.bgl

Is this the correct file and if not how do I find the correct file?

From the name, it looks like this is an altitude correction only AFCAD, so it's surely not the correct one, since they shouldn't contains any parkings but, apparently, for some reason, it seems this one contains at least one parking, because files with no parkings are automatically discarded by GSX.

However, an altitude correction file should have a very low priority in the Scenery Library. GSX of course respect the layer priority so, an higher layered file will always be chosen by preference against one for the same ICAO with a lower priority.

So, first thing you should check, is that this file stays on a lower priority layer in the Scenery Library, which is the proper place for an altitude correction .BGL.

However, if they made (very unusual) an altitude correction .BGL with a DIFFERENT ICAO, in order to represent in the same file another auxiliary airport, like a seaplane or an helipad, then you should check its ICAO, and EXCLUDE IT from GSX using the airport_visibility parameter, as explained in the GSX manual, Page 24.

If, instead, they made an altitude correction .BGL, using the same ICAO as the main one, added at least one parking (why???) and you are sure it's on a lower layer compared to the main one, then the only possible explanation why the correct one hasn't been used by GSX, is the correct one has some kind of problem.

A way to troubleshoot these issues is to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings, and check the Couatl.LOG file that will be generated after you select the option to "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache", it will surely explain why a particular .BGL has been rejected.

There's another thread here, again from an Aerosoft scenery:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15387.msg111508.html#msg111508

The user reported the problem was fixed by reinstalling the scenery, which seems to indicate the main airport .BGL file was corrupted, so the problem never had anything to do with GSX.

Nixon

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 01:39:53 am »
Hi Umberto
Here is the regeneration report:

Airport cache regeneration report:
File C:\FSX\aerosoft\PisaX\scenery\photoLIRP.bgl skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\FSX\aerosoft\PisaX\scenery\placement_lirp_AI.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\FSX\aerosoft\PisaX\scenery\placement_lirp_bld01term.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\FSX\aerosoft\PisaX\scenery\placement_lirp_equip01.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\FSX\aerosoft\PisaX\scenery\placement_lirp_outs.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\FSX\aerosoft\PisaX\scenery\placement_lirp_rwyLIT01.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\FSX\aerosoft\PisaX\scenery\placement_lirp_txi01.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
File C:\FSX\aerosoft\PisaX\scenery\placement_pisa01.BGL skipped, likely too big to be an airport
Folder C:\FSX\aerosoft\PisaX\scenery processed in 0.011 seconds

I hope this is of use, if not I will try a new install of this airport.

Regards
Nixon

Nixon

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2017, 12:04:09 pm »
Hi Umberto
I hope you don'the mind but as this topic has moved to page 2 I decided to bump it.
Regards
Nixon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2017, 12:07:37 pm »
It's due to optimizations we have to speedup the cache regeneration time, in order to not unnecessarily check .BGL files which are not likely to contains airports (they are "usually" small), by default GSX won't consider files larger than 2MB.

Of course, this default can be changed, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14187.0.html

Nixon

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2017, 10:56:02 pm »
Hi Umberto
I have followed your instructions including clicking on "Restart Couatli and rebuild the airport cache" and am still getting "there are no parking spots available at this airport"
I have attached a copy of the log produced after rebuilding the cache together with a copy of the Couatl.ini with the extra line added. The biggest bgl file I can find in the Aerosoft Pisa scenery file is 721,391KB and that's why I used the figure of 8000000 in the line I added.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards
Nixon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 12:30:10 pm »
The biggest bgl file I can find in the Aerosoft Pisa scenery file is 721,391KB and that's why I used the figure of 8000000 in the line I added.

First, that setting is in bytes, not KB so, if you really wanted to include that file, you should have added 3 zeroes, so it's 800 millions bytes. However, I don't think it's necessary.

From your log file:

Loading airport LIRP from C:\FSX\Scenery\World\scenery\KDM_LIRP_ADX_ALT.bgl

It seems GSX has loaded what looks like an altitude correction file, which usually has a lower layer than the scenery so, it seems your layering in the Scenery Library is wrong and this area somehow has ended up on a higher layer than the one containing the actual airport.

Nixon

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 02:12:25 pm »
Hi Umberto

"It seems GSX has loaded what looks like an altitude correction file, which usually has a lower layer than the scenery so, it seems your layering in the Scenery Library is wrong and this area somehow has ended up on a higher layer than the one containing the actual airport."

I would be grateful if you could tell me how I can correct this layering issue?

Regards
Nixon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 02:17:17 pm »
I would be grateful if you could tell me how I can correct this layering issue?

By checking the layer that file is located is lower than the layer the airport scenery is.