Author Topic: Views in FSX (a bit off-topic)  (Read 3658 times)

Ray

Views in FSX (a bit off-topic)
« on: February 08, 2009, 10:34:26 pm »
A friend of mine owns FSX and he almost pulled his hair out because of the following, not yet solved problem:

(Sorry I have the German version of FS9, I am not sure about the English version wording, so I'm guessing the terminology)

Alright, In FS9 you can adjust the different viewing options. There's that view called "Beobachterflugzeug" (maybe "Chase plane view" in English?) In that view you can choose from three options called "Loop, Roll and Fixed" (scrolldown).  Choosing "Fixed", meaning the camera would look always from the same direction onto the aircraft in focus, independent of its turn and pitch changes. Within the view you can also tick or untick "Schrittweiser Übergang" (perhaps "smooth transition" in English?). Now the friend of mine prefers exactly that view mode (Fixed), so just looking on the plane from the same direction (e.g.  from South, unless you change the direction via your coolie-hat e.g.), no matter how the aircraft pitches, banks, turns and whatnot and disabled/unticked smooth transition.
Now the question, is there an equivalent viewing option like that available or even possible within FSX? We searched both quite some time, though it looks as if these options are gone completely in the latest version of FS.

Any pointers very welcome! Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:44:40 pm by Ray »

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
A "Fixed Spot" view for FSX
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 03:20:54 am »
Hi Ray. Tell your friend he can stop pulling his hair out because the answer to the question is, yes it can be done!  :)

The following code is from the aircraft.cfg file of the Acceleration Pack EH101 and is exactly the type of view you are looking for. I have tested it with other aircraft (the C172) and it works beautifully. 8)
(simply paste this code into your aircraft.cfg file, and make sure the CameraDefinition number is not the same as any others).

[CameraDefinition.7]
Title = "Fixed Spot"
Guid = {94695C59-97C7-4f1b-ADAE-908CDFD10A27}
Description = This is the description of the spot view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FixedChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0

Happy flying!
- Voodoo
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:28:24 am by Voodoo »
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

Ray

Re: Views in FSX (a bit off-topic)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:28:28 pm »
Cool, thanks a bunch, Voodoo!  :) I'll let him know!