Author Topic: [GSX] Waiting for your action, open exit 2  (Read 18540 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: [GSX] Waiting for your action, open exit 2
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2018, 08:53:18 pm »
You are missing the main topic, admin...

I'm not missing anything.

basically either there isn't support for the PMDG 748i or THE .CFG IS WRONG.

Of course is wrong. Who made it ? The file I posted here doesn't look anything like that:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19003.0.html

According to the GSX .cfg profile for the 748i,  passenger exit 1 and cargo 1,2 and cargomain are tied into Exit 2. When ever you began to load passengers and cargo, GSX asks that you open EXIT 2...

Sure.

The file you are using IS definitely wrong but, as I've said, it's not what has been posted in the sharing section of this forum.

GundamWZero67

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2018, 08:58:55 pm »
Stand by. trying something out.

GundamWZero67

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2018, 10:13:00 pm »
Okay. I fixed it.... somewhat. ;)

By default, the first pax door on the PMDG 747 series is L Entry 1... GSX does not recognize that... It recognizes Exit 2. However, you can not configure the doors like it SUPPOSED to be in the PMDG without GSX working. So this is what I did:

I went into the Customize Aircraft menu in GSX and RESET THE ENTIRE CONFIGURATION. That, in turn will wipe the configuration file.

Next, I labeled the Pax Door 1, which is the jetway door, L ENTRY 1. I then went into the 3D editor and MOVED door 1 position to Door 2.

Then I DISABLED Cargo Main... this here is the main problem, because GSX failed to make two separate configurations for the cargo variant and the passenger variant of the 747... so GSX recognizes Cargo Main (for the 747/748i/F) as EXIT 2!

I then labeled Pax Door 2, L Entry 2 and moved its position to the first door using the 3D editor.

I created Pax 4, labeled it L Entry 5 and moved it to the last left door of the 747... that is where the airstair positions itself on the aircraft.

Finally, I made Service 1, Cargo 1, Cargo 2 and Service 2 doors open and close without GSX checking them.

Ran the GSX service and everything now works... I moved the jetway to the 2nd door because realistically you don't want economy walking through First and Business Class.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2018, 11:34:44 pm »
By default, the first pax door on the PMDG 747 series is L Entry 1... GSX does not recognize that... It recognizes Exit 2

That's normal, and it's what you are supposed to see when an unsupported airplane is being used with NO configuration. So, you know you must create a new one. Or download a pre-made one that works, like I said you should...

Ok, so you wanted to do it yourself, which is fine...

I went into the Customize Aircraft menu in GSX and RESET THE ENTIRE CONFIGURATION. That, in turn will wipe the configuration file.

That's what the Reset does.

Next, I labeled the Pax Door 1, which is the jetway door, L ENTRY 1. I then went into the 3D editor and MOVED door 1 position to Door 2.

This is wrong, and not required. What you should have done, if you want to have a *GSX* Jetway moving to the 2nd door was:

- Create Door 1 normally, and leave it there.

- Create Door 2 normally, and set it as a "Preferred Exit", which is done either in the dialog by clicking on the "Preferred Exit" label, which will turn blue to indicate the Door 2 is now the preferred one, or in the 3d editor, by pressing F2 when editing the Door 2, which will also turn Blue, to indicate it's the preferred exit.

Then I DISABLED Cargo Main... this here is the main problem, because GSX failed to make two separate configurations for the cargo variant and the passenger variant of the 747... so GSX recognizes Cargo Main (for the 747/748i/F) as EXIT 2!

GSX hasn't failed in anything. The configuration you are working on is valid for the currently loaded airplane only. If you want to configure a new variant, you must load it first, and configure that one.

If the airplane are similar, you can SAVE some time this way:

- After you complete a configuration for one variant and are sure it's saved, load the other variant and start creating a configuration by doing something minimal, like moving a door or even just changing its name, just to let the editor create a new GSX.CFG file in this new variant folder.

- Copy the GSX.CFG that has been created in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME folder for the FIRST variant (the one you completed earlier) to the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes\AIRPLANE2_NAME folder, the one for the variant you just created.

- Restart Couatl, so the variant will now use the same configuration of the first one, which you can change in their differences only.

This is not required, it's just a way to save time.