Author Topic: Really Frustrated  (Read 6774 times)

mal998

Really Frustrated
« on: February 19, 2017, 04:58:10 pm »
Hi All,
I haven't posted here before, but I am a long time customer of FSDreamteam. I own quite a few airports including KFLL, all the airports of Hawaii, Dallas, Vancouver etc. I have read all the comments regarding the crash problems with the updated software and I have to tell you I am totally frustrated with the so-called solutions. I have now tried every recommendation and none of them are solving my installation problems for FSX. That renders all of my airport products useless. It's not just the money spent but the fact that I can't use the damn airports I find really frustrating. My home field is Ft. Lauderdale and now I am forced to use default scenery. After all the years I have spent in flying the sims (since'85) that is really shameful. I hope that the FSDreamteam will review the new software and solve the install problems soon. I really miss my FSDT airports. Oh, BTW, I had no problem installing KFLL into P3D v3. Go figure?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Really Frustrated
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 10:15:06 am »
Oh, BTW, I had no problem installing KFLL into P3D v3. Go figure?

That was the only really important information you needed, so you must surely know the problem (like in all other cases you might have read) is something in you FSX installation, since the software is obviously exactly the same in FSX and P3D.

Now, if you reported your FSX problem more precisely, it might be useful to help you finding what is your FSX problem, and we'll help you anyway, even if it wasn't caused by any of our software, like in all cases we reviewed so far.

mal998

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 08:15:22 pm »
Virtuali, thank you for the reply. I am running Windows Vista 64 bit.

I downloaded a new file for KFLL and the StandAloneManage. I used those new files for an attempt at installing KFLL. 

First I made sure old dat and dll files were not present.

I installed the KFLL airport files first and then the stand alone manager.

When I tried to start up FSX the first screen I got was permission to run the Couatl Scripting Engine which I ok'd.
The next screen I got was an error screen that said "Flight Simulator has encountered a problem with third party software (addon): Name bglmanx Dynamic Link Library version 3, 1, 0, 1 Company VIRTUALI Sagl File bglmanx.dll do you want to run this software (not recommended)?
I hit the yes button and next screen stated bglmanx.dll Entry Point Not Found...the procedure entry point K32EnumProcessModules could not be located in the dynamic link library kerne32.dlll.
Asked if I wanted to run that software I hit the yes button and FSX crashed.

I think I will remove FSX and do a clean install to see if that rectifies the FSTD install problems. If that does not fix the issue, there is a real possibility that the problem lies in my Windows Vista 64 bit installation at which point I have no idea what the problem might be.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 11:22:48 pm »
next screen stated bglmanx.dll Entry Point Not Found...the procedure entry point K32EnumProcessModules could not be located in the dynamic link library kerne32.dlll.

here is a real possibility that the problem lies in my Windows Vista 64 bit installation at which point I have no idea what the problem might be.

Are you SURE you have installed the latest Addon Manager ? We had another Vista user reporting this error a couple of weeks ago, but we found what the issue was: we used a new API call which is not supported anymore under Vista (you'll see the same error message if you try to run Office 2013 under Vista), which is used to check if Couatl is still running on exit and close it, but I'm fairly sure the problem shouldn't happen anymore with the current version, since we replaced that call with a Vista-compatible one now.

PedroSMP

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 03:09:40 am »
Folks, (2 images attached)

I also have this exactly same problem after reinstall the GSX today (7 times), either with the FSDT GSX global install pack or after reinstall the latest stand alone Addon Manager.   

Note though, that if I respond "no" in the first error (attachement 1)

"Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on): ...",

FSX starts and runs ok, just the Virtuali/Couatl menus are not available in FSX/addons, even SODE menu and funtionalities are available.

Some help will be much appreciated.

Thank you

fziker

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 08:03:23 pm »
I really appreciate how frustrated you are with this error msg. First the disclaimer! I do not possess any amount of technical expertise but I did encounter the exact same message with the problem being a .dll on the FSL A320 aircraft. Here is an excerpt from Flightsim Labs FAQ that corrected the problem for me (using FSX-SE). Perhaps Umberto could comment about the possibility that a Viruali reg key has become corrupted in FSX?

"Q: I am getting the "Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on): Name FSLSounds.dll (or FSLOptions.dll or FSLSpotlights.dll): Do you want to run this software (not recommended)? Then, even if I click Yes, Flight Simulator crashes.

A: This is because something caused an error in a previous load of Flight Simulator and Windows decided to intervene and permanently mark that DLL as unsafe. You need to run "regedit", find the registry setting for

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

and in there, edit the entry for fsx.exe to REMOVE any mentions of

Data = $IgnoreFreeLibrary<FSLSounds.dll>

(or the other FSL dlls accordingly).

Then, restart FSX - you'll get the error message once again, but click Yes, and the application will work correctly this time.

Also, make sure your FSX is running as Administrator.

Again, I have no idea if its the same problem but it sure sounds like it.

mal998

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 02:51:40 pm »
Well, I just finished removing FSX and all FSDT software from my system, and then did a clean install of both FSX and then KFLL and associated software. None of what I did solved the problem as shown in the the post above. It strikes me that the old FSDT software never caused a problem so logically speaking, it must have something to do with the upgraded software. I guess at this point I will learn to live without some of my favorite airports. se la vie...that's life...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 05:20:29 pm »
Well, I just finished removing FSX and all FSDT software from my system, and then did a clean install of both FSX and then KFLL and associated software. None of what I did solved the problem as shown in the the post above

Do you use Windows Vista, perhaps ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 05:22:55 pm »
Here is an excerpt from Flightsim Labs FAQ that corrected the problem for me (using FSX-SE). Perhaps Umberto could comment about the possibility that a Viruali reg key has become corrupted in FSX?

All our installers automatically clears up that flag, if it's related to our modules, that's why reinstalling is always suggested as a first option.

However, if you have the $IgnoreFreeLibrary related to a module of another developer, we don't change that, but it will still prevent to start FSX just the same.

Driver8

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 03:07:00 am »
All our installers automatically clears up that flag, if it's related to our modules, that's why reinstalling is always suggested as a first option.

However, if you have the $IgnoreFreeLibrary related to a module of another developer, we don't change that, but it will still prevent to start FSX just the same.

Just cause i'm curious :)
Is it clearing that flag in BOTH HKEY_CURRENT_USER as well as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE?
I ask because a previous poster had the flag set for the FSL A320 in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\etc etc, whereas when Active Sky did it to me, it was set in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\etc etc.

For the other users reading this, take note: this is WINDOWS doing this because it THINKS something bad has happened.  And as you can see, it can happen with a variety of add-ons, NOT just Addon Manager/Couatl.  So it's probably a good idea to learn how to check that in REGEDIT.....  Also note, this was a lovely feature you didn't get with Win7, it came somewhere in Win8 and stayed with Win10, so the more people that move to Win10 from Win7, the more people are going to start seeing this and not understand what's happening....

mal998

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 09:12:41 pm »
Well, I just finished removing FSX and all FSDT software from my system, and then did a clean install of both FSX and then KFLL and associated software. None of what I did solved the problem as shown in the the post above

Do you use Windows Vista, perhaps ?

Yes, virtuali you are correct, I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 11:51:59 am »
Yes, virtuali you are correct, I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

Then you must wait for another update we are testing, because the current version is not compatible with it anymore. Sorry, but nobody at FSDT uses Vista anymore, and it's basically an unsupported OS now, latest versions of Office don't work with it, and not even Google Chrome/Gmail will support it for much longer.

However, we might have find a temporary solution, which will appear in the next update.

PedroSMP

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 01:51:11 pm »
Folks,

Thank you for your efforts and close support, hope you still can find a way to update our Windows Vista 64bit FSX with FSDream Team GSX latest improvements.

One sudgestion though, could FSDReam Team could make a step by step (SO by SO) compatibility approach, and keep a shelf of compatibility versions of your products, which we could download via a proof of pruchase, and by that way we can assume the compromise of not update our SO and you are also free of some of this SO compatibility development problems?
Note though, that it is not my intention to update my SO, which is already optimized for FSX, unless I gess the lotery numbers off course.

All the best and continue your good work.

Thank you