Author Topic: Problem getting GSX to see proper airport  (Read 3375 times)

mdrinkle

Problem getting GSX to see proper airport
« on: February 17, 2017, 02:50:53 am »
I do apologize for this I know that this has been covered before but I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to work. I am trying to use GSX at Anchorage Airport (PANC). When I tried to load GSX at Anchorage it comes up with Lake Hood Strip (Z41). I have tried using the airport_visibility setting in the couatladdons.ini. I tried making Z41 as a 0 visibility, I tried adding PANC with a visibility setting of 3. Nothing seems to work. Is there something I am missing?

Mark

Monty1

Re: Problem getting GSX to see proper airport
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 11:51:16 am »
I do apologize for this I know that this has been covered before but I have tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to work. I am trying to use GSX at Anchorage Airport (PANC). When I tried to load GSX at Anchorage it comes up with Lake Hood Strip (Z41). I have tried using the airport_visibility setting in the couatladdons.ini. I tried making Z41 as a 0 visibility, I tried adding PANC with a visibility setting of 3. Nothing seems to work. Is there something I am missing?

Mark

Default FSX aircraft and scenery

Hello Mark

I managed to place my FSX default 737 at Anchorage Intl (PANC) - gate A 11 small. However, for some reason the jet way would not work with the message bar saying 'you must be in a parking space to request a fuel truck or jetway'. I am in a parking space, and I can request a fuel truck as the images show. Not sure what's going on. I'm sure Umberto will put us on the right track.

The poor old baggage handler copped it as well with the fuel truck.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 04:51:03 pm by Monty1 »
Windows 7 Home 64bit
Crucial 525GB MX300 2.5-inch SSD
2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 06:57:50 pm »
 Find out what airport file GSX is using (in one case here one of you mentioned Z41) and instead of using airport_visibility setting in the couatladdons.ini, add Z41 to disable_on_airports = ..

mdrinkle

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:17:43 am »
Thanks Dave that helped