Author Topic: Strange Baggage Cart Path **SOLVED**  (Read 10084 times)

PhilA

Strange Baggage Cart Path **SOLVED**
« on: February 12, 2017, 09:50:27 pm »
Hello,

Recently I have been having a problem with the rear baggage cart when it is departing the aircraft. the problem persists at many airports and aircraft.  Specifically, I have experienced this on the default B737, ifly B737, Aerosoft A320, and Leonardo MD80 at Exeter (Uk2000) and LIML (Default).  The The container truck path seems to be correct, as does the fron baggage cart. 

The cart turns left and returns to the wing and the the tractor swivels through 180 degrees to leave the position by a sensible path.  I attach an image showing the approximate path on the Airbus A320 at Exeter.  Despite the stop markings, the aircraft is positioned correctly for this gate.

I cannot believe this is normal behaviour, but I cannot work out what I have done wrong.  I can also reproduce this on a fresh install of FSX (boxed) with only GSX installed.  Any suggestions on how I can resolve this are welcome.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:43:52 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange Baggage Cart Path
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 10:08:24 am »
The problem surely happens only at some airports, and also might change depending on your parking positions. GSX must work with what it finds in the scenery so, it's possible that due to how the scenery is made, is not possible to fit a "natural" path over the scenery AFCAD nodes, and strange results will happen.

Please indicate the precise airport used, possibly on a default or an FSDT scenery, and indicate the gate you used.

PhilA

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 01:53:46 pm »
I agree, this may only happen at some airports, but at the airports I have tried, I have experienced the problem.  I stopped looking when I had the problem at a default airport.  I have had this problem at the default Milan Linate Airport (LIML) at Gate 1. I chose this to test as it was one I assumed you would be familiar with as it is available to test GSX before purchase.

I hope you will be able to identify what my problem is.

Regards and thanks for your help.

PhilA

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 03:32:12 pm »
Hello, I've been thinking about this a little more.  I understand the complexities of designing and developing a product that will work flawlessly with the multitude of permutations available.   I admire you for how well you have achieved this.  As I said, I am sure this is something I have caused, especially as I can reproduce it easily and I have not seen another report similar to this.

At first I thought it was due to an aircraft parameter as it seemed to work with the A320 but not the B737.   However when I used an A320 configured to use a belt loader at the rear the issue occurred.  Subsequently I have been able to reproduce the issue on all tested aircraft with the belt loader and baggage carts whereas an aircraft configured to use the container loaders, the train leaves by a sensible route similar to the train from the front.

If this is an afcad issue, are there any guidelines on their design available?   In the case of Exeter depicted in my original post, the design is relatively simple.  There is a taxi path behind the parking,  just off the image, that runs roughly parallel with the markings at the back of the parking.   There is a vehicle path just behind the parking, again roughly parallel with the markings.  There is a path from the parking connecting to the vehicle path and on to the taxi path.  This follows the yellow line in the image.   At the end of the black path I have depicted, the vehicle is on the vehicle path.

What confuses me is that the container train leaves as I would expect, continuing to the rear of the aircraft where it turns right to follow an arc to pick up the vehicle path.  However,  the baggage carts turn left, to make a 180 degree turn to head back to th centre of the leading edge of the wing where they rotate through 180 degrees to head back, through themselves, to to the vehicle path following a similar route to the front train.

I hope we can resolve this issue and thanks for your help.

JaapV

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 10:21:02 pm »
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue with the baggage cart path (see
).
Moreover at the starting point both baggage trains are driving mixed up. Only when approaching the air plane they split up into separate trains.
Apart from this it amazes me that all baggage carts, after being unloaded, still contain one red suitcase.

Jaap

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 10:40:24 am »
Moreover at the starting point both baggage trains are driving mixed up. Only when approaching the air plane they split up into separate trains.

GSX vehicles starts on a Vehicle parking. If the scenery doesn't have one, they'll start on a random parking but surely they won't start on a taxiway, unless the scenery developer placed a parking there (really?).

If you are using the default scenery, it's possible you have some kind of other scenery in conflict, because I don't think there are such glaring errors in the default scenery.

PhilA

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 03:24:02 pm »
In my case the vehicle starting positions are not a problem.  The video JaapV has linked to shows the exact problem I am experiencing.  The video from 2:36 to 3:24 shows the rear baggage train taking an identical path to the one I am experiencing.

Well, at least I am not alone!  I had thought I was unique in experiencing this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 03:29:58 pm »
In my case the vehicle starting positions are not a problem.

I replied only to that issue, because I think I already replied to your question in my previous reply. As I've said, we'll surely check it, LIML Gate 1, in fact, is the most difficult case, since it's angled very sharply backwards.

PhilA

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 08:43:08 pm »
Thanks for checking it.  You are right, Gate 1 at LIML is at an angle.  However, I merely offered this as one example.  I have just reproduced this at Gate 14 at LIML.  In fact here, the front train also cuts under the aircraft and through the rear passenger stairs.  The rear baggage takes the same path as previously described.

Thanks for the fast feedback.

raman93

• For configuration information of FSX;see signature
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 07:28:52 am »
greetings,

I also experience similar issue In all default airports. I use the default airport, default scenery and aircraft.
Following is the configuration of FSX and GSX.
1.FSX STEAM EDITION
2.REX extreme with overdrive installed.
3.REX World Wide Airport HD texture installed
3.Using default airport scenery across all airports in FSX.
4. GSX has been updated to the latest version.

dashcapt

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 09:35:45 pm »
Hi
I'm getting the same issue at uk2000 Belfast gate 16.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 09:57:48 pm »
I also experience similar issue In all default airports. I use the default airport, default scenery and aircraft.

Please indicate a precise reproduction case. Airport, gate and airplane.

dashcapt

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 10:52:17 pm »
For myself it was the pmdg 737-800.

PhilA

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2017, 12:06:44 pm »
Thank you.

I downloaded the update yesterday and tried this out at the areas I reported.  The paths of both carts are now as expected.

Thank you for your excellent and swift response.

dashcapt

Re: Strange Baggage Cart Path **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 06:09:39 pm »
Hi

This unfortunately not solved for me after the latest update. When I load the pmdg 737 at uk2000 Belfast gate 16 and call GSX for boarding I get two baggage trucks to the right of the aircraft as normal but then another two appear over to the left of the aircraft. They move as one initially towards the aircraft before splitting and then driving under the aircraft around to the baggage loaders. Bags are loaded and then they drive off to the left of the aircraft again. The two baggage trucks to the right of the aircraft stay in their position throughout.