Author Topic: Odd behavior of fuel truck  (Read 2692 times)

JaapV

Odd behavior of fuel truck
« on: February 10, 2017, 04:13:33 pm »
After installing the latest version of GSX the fuel truck showed some odd behaviour at Eindhoven Airport (EHEH) gate G3 to load a PMDG 737-800.
I made a footage of it, see: https://youtu.be/nqUYSLVldes. To shorten the footage I deleted the fuel loading part.
The settings in GSX were not changed. Besides the odd way of the truck folding together and driving backwards I wonder why it is piercing the airplane and overriding the vehicles.
JaapV

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Odd behavior of fuel truck
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:41:55 pm »
Besides the odd way of the truck folding together and driving backwards I wonder why it is piercing the airplane and overriding the vehicles.

It's surely something related to how the scenery was made. GSX vehicles try to use proper vehicle paths, defined as such but, unfortunately, not all sceneries are made with enough care, to have vehicle paths that makes easy to access the parking spots, so GSX must try to work with what is there.

Is that the default scenery, using the default AFCAD ?

JaapV

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 04:49:29 pm »
I'm using the standard scenery of FSX.
What should I have to do to make it work as may be expected?
JaapV

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 04:50:50 pm »
I'm using the standard scenery of FSX.  What should I have to do to make it work as may be expected?

Well, we'll surely check out if it's possible to improve the pathfinding in this case.

JaapV

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 04:58:09 pm »
Thank you in advance.
JaapV