Author Topic: FSX randomly crashes  (Read 2252 times)

Rikypara

FSX randomly crashes
« on: February 09, 2017, 12:38:12 am »
Hi Umberto!
I only use FSX-SE with A320 FSL, I know as working outside FSX, GSX can't make FSX crash, but maybe some objects created can.
This is the issue. On those airports, not always, Malaga Aerosoft and Liee freeware scenery, when as soon as I select the gate via GSX and confirm -and only after landing - FSX freezes, I can hear the sounds but I can't do anything else, nor closing FSX via task manager. It just freezes, with no errors on event viewer. I fear I am not able to replicate as it is very random and usually on a small amount of airports, Malaga couple of times happened but not always.
What I do is very simple, after vacating runway I call GSX via CTRL-F12, select the gate and choose the operator. That's it. At Malaga and Cagliari - last time - after selecting the operator FSX freezed.
Can you give me some ideas, or some solutions? I know it's though as difficult to replicate and maybe GSX could be not the direct cause...

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX randomly crashes
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 02:41:39 pm »
I only use FSX-SE with A320 FSL, I know as working outside FSX, GSX can't make FSX crash, but maybe some objects created can.

This kind of hard freeze cannot be caused by GSX. Or, more precisely, if we really had a corrupted object, it would crash *everywhere*, not on some airports. If the airports had mistakes like issues with their AFCAD, what would usually happen, is that Couatl would give you an error log with some kind of explanation and, in the worse case, Couatl.exe could possible crash itself, but it cannot bring down FSX, since it doesn't have any access to its process or its memory.

Now, it's might be possible a corrupted texture from an operator that appears only there, might crash the sim, although crashes due to corrupted textures are not such hard freezes, but normal errors usually in FE.DLL or TERRAIN.DLL or GD2.DLL. However, I checked the scoring assignment, and I see that at LIEE, for example, there are supposed to be only 3 operators at maximum score: Are Group, Alitalia and Meridiana.

So, I downloaded the scenery ( I guess it's the one on Avsim, right ? ), tried with all of them, and no crashes of any kind.

Rikypara

Re: FSX randomly crashes
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 06:10:25 pm »
Yep, it's that scenery. As I suspected your explaination is clear that GSX should not be the cause. My idea is that as FSL requires lot of VAS, calling for GSX makes me running out of VAS on some scenery. What I noticed is that taxing to the gate and then, when engines are off calling for GSX and deboarding, has not caused any freezing yet. Maybe because aircraft off is less VAS requiring?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk