Author Topic: Couatl crahes ---HELP---  (Read 16843 times)

Justin133

Re: Couatl crahes ---HELP---
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2017, 04:59:29 pm »
I wrote it down on the first post up here  :D

Justin133

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 11:00:44 am »
Now I selected the parking position inflight and it shows "A marshaller...bla bla is ready or something like that" and after landing I get the error again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 12:44:05 pm »
Now I selected the parking position inflight and it shows "A marshaller...bla bla is ready or something like that" and after landing I get the error again

Your error shows GSX wasn't able to create an object which is of course included with it so, it cannot happen, unless your FSX.CFG file has been corrupted, with missing/corrupted SimobjectPaths, so you are missing hundreds of default library objects too, not just GSX.

See here for an explanation:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15300.msg110801.html#msg110801

Justin133

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2017, 09:25:22 pm »
I'm using P3D v3.4, is there a diffrent?

And what do you mean at last? Can I fix them now on anyway or have I really to wait for the next update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 02:55:15 am »
I'm using P3D v3.4, is there a diffrent?

Only the affected file is called Prepar3D.CFG, instead of FSX.CFG, and it's located under %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3

And what do you mean at last? Can I fix them now on anyway or have I really to wait for the next update?

You should fix your problem regardless of GSX, since you are not just missing the GSX objects, but a whole lot of library objects, which might also create issues like stuttering, if some other scenery tried to use them.

But yes, we are planning to move over to use our own Simobject folder and configuration files, in future versions of our installers, so users with this problem (caused by other addons or having hand-edited a default file in the wrong way), won't assume it's a "GSX problem".

But you should fix this anyway, as explained in the linked thread.

Justin133

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2017, 09:51:45 am »
This is how it lokks like in my P3D.cfg

[MAIN]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01
HideMenuFullscreen=1
HideMenuNormal=0
LabelsSupported=Airplane, Helicopter
Location=1685,145,2733,963,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=2
ShowInfoText=0
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Countermeasures
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\SkyTraffic
SimObjectPaths.8=Aerosoft\Mega Airport Zurich V2.0\simobjects
SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\Avatars
SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\Submersible
SimObjectPaths.11=SimObjects\Weapons
SimObjectPaths.12=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL
SimObjectPaths.13=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
SimObjectPaths.14=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter, Submersible, ExternalSim, Avatar

The Misc-path was missing and now, as always, it still doesen't work and I get the same error on and on...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 03:08:14 pm »
The Misc-path was missing

So that confirms what I thought.

and now, as always, it still doesen't work and I get the same error on and on...

Those lines don't look wrong but, either you haven't modified the correct file, or have another error elsehwere in the file. In fact:

This is how it lokks like in my P3D.cfg

The correct file name is Prepar3D.CFG so, are you sure you are editing the correct file, and something really named Prepar3D.CFG and not, for example, Prepar3D.CFG.TXT or Prepar3D.CFG.BAK, which you can easily mistook as the actual file, if you turned off file extension view on Windows ?

If this was the case, you would add the missing Simobjects\Misc line, but to the wrong file, so the right one stil has the error.

Really, this is the only possible reason GSX would give you that error.

Justin133

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2017, 04:55:38 pm »
I'm not sure. So I only have the Prepar3D.cfg inside my %appdata% (Roaming) file. But there are two. Both with the same name. I've overwrote this with the same lines into MAIN.

But I looked inside the %ProgramData% file 12bPilot -> SODE -> simobjects, and this folder is empty is that normal?

Now I looked into %ProgramData% Lockheed Martin -> Prepar3D v3, and I have a "simobjects" and a "simobjects.cfg".
I added this file

[Entry.0]
PATH=C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects
TITLE=SODE Common SimObjects
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false
[Entry.1]
PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\data\SimObjects
TITLE=SODE Main SimObjects
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

into the simobjects.

Now I can search for gates and runways, but when I try to Deobard or something like that, it still chrashs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2017, 05:06:14 pm »
I'm not sure. So I only have the Prepar3D.cfg inside my %appdata% (Roaming) file. But there are two. Both with the same name.

That's what I suspected: you edited the wrong file.

But I looked inside the %ProgramData% file 12bPilot -> SODE -> simobjects, and this folder is empty is that normal?

SODE is not related to this problem.

Now I can search for gates and runways, but when I try to Deobard or something like that, it still chrashs.

What crash ? I'm sure you have a different error now.

Justin133

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2017, 05:31:50 pm »
That's what I suspected: you edited the wrong file.

And wich one is the correct?

I looked on my pictures I took with on the sim. The error exists, scince I installed the first update for Mega Airport Prague  >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 10:14:42 pm »
And wich one is the correct?

As I've said, the one which is REALLY named "Prepar3D.CFG", and nothing else. No P3D.CFG, or Prepar3D.CFG.BAK or something like Prepar3D.CFG.TXT.

But it might be possible to confuse them, if you have the "Hide known file extension" option enabled in the View options of Windows File Explorer.

The error exists, scince I installed the first update for Mega Airport Prague  >:(

As I told you, these errors are either caused by having edited the file by hand, of by installers with bugs, or even a combination of both: installers that tried to add their own lines, on an already corrupted file, causing a mess.

Libero29

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 02:51:08 pm »
for the first time since I have GSX, same problem here after intalling Aerosoft Pisa x for FSX; GSX doesn't work any more!

Found the solution! Some files in CFG gone somewhere ...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 05:57:16 pm by Libero29 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 09:37:19 am »
for the first time since I have GSX, same problem here after intalling Aerosoft Pisa x for FSX; GSX doesn't work any more!

these errors are either caused by having edited the file by hand, of by installers with bugs

Seems we found one...

Justin133

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2017, 09:06:07 pm »
GSX works day before the update about Prague, and on the picture you see Prague after the update, scince this it dosen't work anymore.

I followed your instructions but it's possible that I missed some little things because my english is not the best.

So please I need an answer, do you know a solution for this?

---HELP MEEEEEEE---

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 09:34:50 am »
GSX works day before the update about Prague, and on the picture you see Prague after the update, scince this it dosen't work anymore.

Another bugged installer ??? I think it's easier if we had a Teamviewer session, so I can fix the file for you. Contact me in private to arrange that.