Author Topic: Fuel Truck  (Read 5434 times)

haza

Fuel Truck
« on: February 07, 2017, 10:29:43 pm »
Hello,

I am running PMDG 747 V3 with GSX the version updated on the 7th of Feb 2017 at 1.34AM. FSX Steam.

I am using the advice from the manual (777 part though) which states, use the PMDG ops centre at SHORT mode, I then put in the PLAN fuel and then request GSX fuel.

My problem is the old yellow small fuel truck is coming to support the aircraft. The height is over 3.45 and I have reset on the 3d editor. The yellow truck isn't going to the assigned part of the right wing, it stays on the left wing but DOES load the fuel.

So how can I change the truck size to a more realistic big tanker for a thirsty 747?

Kind regards

normanblackburn

Re: Fuel Truck
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 11:57:09 pm »
Haza,

I have exactly the same issue, and indeed just uninstalled, removed everything to do with GSX and SODE, restarted and then reinstalled.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99210066/www/small_fueltruck.png  I made sure I was asking for more than 10T of fuel too.

The worst was that before the huge update this worked fine.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 09:57:44 am by virtuali »
Norman Blackburn

Monty1

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 08:12:50 am »
FSX default 737-800

The only issue I have with new fuel truck is it sometimes parks right on top of the luggage load vehicles. They don't pull back far enough away from the aircraft.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 08:17:51 am by Monty1 »
Windows 7 Home 64bit
Crucial 525GB MX300 2.5-inch SSD
2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 10:00:12 am »
My problem is the old yellow small fuel truck is coming to support the aircraft. The height is over 3.45 and I have reset on the 3d editor. The yellow truck isn't going to the assigned part of the right wing, it stays on the left wing but DOES load the fuel.

So how can I change the truck size to a more realistic big tanker for a thirsty 747?

I can see the new Truck just fine, you must still have another GSX.CFG file, most likely in the airplane folders, and that is not removed by the Reset, since that location is reserved for developer-supplied configs, not user modications.

normanblackburn

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:12:05 am »
Umberto,

Has the fueling position syntax changed? 

Previously using the 3D it gave me a position of 10.25 -2.92 -3.50 so naturally I put that in.

Today I tried again but rather than adding this in I left it out and along came the big truck.  Position is now 10.25 -2.92 -0.75

For me I it is resolved.  Thank you for a wonderful addon!
Norman Blackburn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 10:32:53 am »

That one always indicated the position from ground. However, the green bar in the 3d window displayed the height relative to the airplane reference point, so it was a bit confusing, since they didn't match (it was just a display issue) so, we changed this in an update, but it happened in December, now both editors show the same height, which is relative to the ground.

Note that, although the height displayed in the editor is relative to the ground, the height USED by GSX (which is stored in the GSX.CFG file) is relative to the airplane center, otherwise you wouldn't be able to create a reliable configuration, because it would keep changing depending on your load.

So, what you cannot do, is to use an height value you read on the GSX.CFG file, and put it back in the editor, because they mean different things but, as long as you only use the editor, all the heights displayed are coherent.

Monty1

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 11:19:16 am »
Umberto,

Previously using the 3D it gave me a position of 10.25 -2.92 -3.50 so naturally I put that in.

Today I tried again but rather than adding this in I left it out and along came the big truck.  Position is now 10.25 -2.92 -0.75

For me I it is resolved.  Thank you for a wonderful addon!

I agree. A great add on

Windows 7 Home 64bit
Crucial 525GB MX300 2.5-inch SSD
2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

haza

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 01:14:09 pm »
Thank you for your reply,

In my GSX Aircraft folder there is not a GSX.CFG for the PMDG 747. So I didn't have anything to delete. I tried moving the height with no avail.

I am wondering why yours works (the big tanker) and it doesn't for me, what I am doing differently. I am using the standard 3D config which are the reset defaults.

Any other suggestions?

Kind regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 02:59:51 pm »
In my GSX Aircraft folder there is not a GSX.CFG for the PMDG 747. So I didn't have anything to delete. I tried moving the height with no avail.

If you tried to move the height, then you surely HAVE a GSX.CFG file, which is not in the airplane folder, because that's not where the GSX editor place it.

I am wondering why yours works (the big tanker) and it doesn't for me, what I am doing differently. I am using the standard 3D config which are the reset defaults.

Either you made some kind of mistake, or you haven't reset the config, or you are not using the latest Live Update, which added support for all the 747-400 variants. The initial release only supported the regular passenger version.

haza

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 10:37:23 am »
I can promise you I don't for the 747. I am looking in USER/NAMES/APPDATA/ROAMING/VIRTUALI/AIRPLANES.

I only have the 777 and A321. Which is odd. But it lets me edit in the 3d editor.

Am I looking in the right place to start with?

I have the latest standalone installed and tried a re-install.

Kind regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 01:04:36 pm »
I am looking in USER/NAMES/APPDATA/ROAMING/VIRTUALI/AIRPLANES

If you downloaded a GSX.CFG file and placed in the Simobjects\Airplanes folder, that will also take precedence over the GSX internal configuration, and that won't be reset by the "Reset" option, you must remove it manually.

The airplane editor will TELL you from which source it's taking the data from.

haza

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 07:28:24 pm »
I think I am nearly beaten by this one. I just don't understand it and iv been flight simming for about 10 years.

When I edited the aircraft I get a GSX.CFG file in the Airplane folder as discussed above. If I reset it and delete the file, I still get the small truck. Even when I edit the fueling point the truck doesn't go to the postion I edited (I did save) and the source file is the edited file.

So basically. Im out of ideas!

haza

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 07:35:19 pm »
In the simobjects folder, MISC, FSDT Fuel truck. Am I meant to have 2 models in there? I currently on have 1 and 3 textures....

haza

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2017, 05:23:48 pm »
Solved!!!

But im not admitting how.... #basicmistake....