Author Topic: fsx CTD after installing pmdg 747 V3  (Read 3513 times)

Questatmayne

fsx CTD after installing pmdg 747 V3
« on: February 04, 2017, 11:58:39 pm »
Hello!

before the problem:
I have been a GSX user a bit less than a year now. It has always worked for me. Now a few days ago PMDG launched their new 747 V3. bought it and it has been behaving splendidly. however, on the first flight. the first time I loaded up the aircraft, I tried to use GSX on it. I got an update notification to update my addon manger for Virtuali (im strictly up-to-date with all fsdt updates btw). the cars did spawn, but went to the wrong doors. So i presumed that a gsx profile didn't exist yet. So i went to updating its config. however befofre hitting save, I realized "whats the point? someone probably already has a config or an update is just around the corner". so I closed it WITHOUT saving. Closed the sim. decided to do the update for the Virtuali addon manager by downloading the standalone directly from the website. installed it and then also went into fsdreamteam route directory and launched the coutl updater just for the heck of it. everything normal so far

problem description:

started up the FS the second time. then it gave me the warning message (see attachment "Untitled3.png") . I pressed "yes" to run the bglmanx.dll
then FSX CTD and always gave me the same reason for the crash - bglmanx.dll. (see attachment Untitled4.png )

trying to find a solution:

browsed AVSIM and FSDT forums. I didn't find anything exactly like my problem, except something remotely similar to here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=113.0

nothing from within there worked for me.

if I hit "no" to the question ,it allows me to enjoy all features of FSX and its addons... except GSX (the only FSDT addon I have)

what  is strange is that between the time I closed fsx from my first flight and to the point I started having the bglmanx.dll error, I didn't make any changes to fsx except the add-on manager and coutl update. before that, everything worked fine for almost a year.

reinstalling has been also tried many times, many different ways of gsx. I have UAC disabled and DEP has been also configured. anti-virus software has been also set to ignore the folder and the installer. I have also looked into the C++ VS2005 reinstall. also didn't help.

I have also add my dll.xml and exe.xml into the attachments for you all to read and troubleshoot.

Hans

Re: fsx CTD after installing pmdg 747 V3
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:09:42 am »
Same thing here. I solved it by uninstalling GSX, then rebooted and installing again. The reboot inbetween was crucial.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Questatmayne

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 12:45:58 am »
tried doing that way. No difference. still doesn't work

Questatmayne

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 11:25:28 pm »
Hi again.

I finally found the solution.  I don't know what triggered it, but what I did was deleted all simconnect related software (ASN, fsuipc, etc).  Then deleted SODE and GSX.  Then deleted Fsx.cfg and,  Then I reinstalled everything.  Restated.  Then launched Fsx.  Surprisingly, GSX started working. Sadly not SODE, but that's a topic for another day and another forum. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 01:33:02 pm »
I finally found the solution.  I don't know what triggered it, but what I did was deleted all simconnect related software (ASN, fsuipc, etc).  Then deleted SODE and GSX.  Then deleted Fsx.cfg and,  Then I reinstalled everything.  Restated.  Then launched Fsx.  Surprisingly, GSX started working. Sadly not SODE, but that's a topic for another day and another forum. 

You probably still have some issues related to the VC++ 2005 runtime libraries. Our software doesn't use it anymore, directly (we use the 2013 version), but it might be affected by a problem with them, and so will any other Simconnect application, since it's the Simconnect runtime *itself* which requires the VC++ 2005 runtimes.

And, there are several version so, you somehow fixed the issue that affected our software, but other Simconnect apps that might use a different version of the Simconnect runtime, or a different version of the VC++ 2005 runtimes (one that you still haven't fixed), might still not work, as in case of SODE.

Questatmayne

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 07:56:09 pm »

You probably still have some issues related to the VC++ 2005 runtime libraries. Our software doesn't use it anymore, directly (we use the 2013 version), but it might be affected by a problem with them, and so will any other Simconnect application, since it's the Simconnect runtime *itself* which requires the VC++ 2005 runtimes.

And, there are several version so, you somehow fixed the issue that affected our software, but other Simconnect apps that might use a different version of the Simconnect runtime, or a different version of the VC++ 2005 runtimes (one that you still haven't fixed), might still not work, as in case of SODE.

So what solution should It be for VC++ 2005? I have Uninstalled the old versions of it and reinstalled new versions of it, just like described in that other forum link.