Author Topic: Addon Manager disappeared after installation of GSX update  (Read 9404 times)

Mischka43

Addon Manager disappeared after installation of GSX update
« on: February 04, 2017, 04:01:41 am »
Hi Guys,
seems, the GSX update is somehow terribly wrong?
After installing the update, Addon Manager did not show up in FSX menue.
OK - I tried the whole stuff: installing after deactivating anti virus (did not help), installing as an administrator (did not help), reinstalling all the C++-stuff 2005 and 2013, did not help. And morover, something changed in FSX: loading the flight takes WAY longer and FSX cannot be shut down, it crashes when shut down.

Please help, all the fine airports managed by adddon manager are gone, and GSX is gone too.

Michael 

Anson Cheung

Re: Addon Manager disappeared after installation of GSX update
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:42:42 am »
My sim (P3D 3.3) has the similar issue after the latest GSX update via running GSX full installer.

GSX randomly does not get loaded into the flight, sometimes Addon Manager as well. I can't see them in both menu bar and when I press Ctrl F12. Before the update, no issue at all.

dnagato

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 05:03:12 am »
like me, same problem :/ . i
I come here to check for a new update to resolve, still everybody reporting a problem but  team support think the problem is user don't update correctly, but forget we updated many time in the past , but only the last update make a problem. Very sad fsd :/.  :-[

Anson Cheung

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 05:19:33 am »
any comments from fsdreamteam?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 12:39:16 pm »

As replied in many other threads, I asked to to contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, because it's the only way I could see what's the problem in your case, since we are still unable to reproduce it in any way.

Monty1

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 04:06:53 pm »

As replied in many other threads, I asked to to contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, because it's the only way I could see what's the problem in your case, since we are still unable to reproduce it in any way.

But why do you think it's a possible problem with the customers installation/set up. The odd one maybe, but we can't all be wrong!

Surely the numbers tell you that there is a fundamental problem with this latest update. We all get it wrong now and again, and I'm sure you would get more sympathy if you just held your hands up and admitted that this update needs further work.
Windows 7 Home 64bit
Crucial 525GB MX300 2.5-inch SSD
2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 04:12:32 pm »
But why do you think it's a possible problem with the customers installation/set up. The odd one maybe, but we can't all be wrong!

The "all" that are posting here and of course only those that HAVE a problem, otherwise why bother posting ? But we had SEVERAL THOUSANDS of downloads of the GSX update in less than a day, which is why you might have noticed how slower was the installer downloading!

Even if we had 50-100 users reporting issues here (and we don't), it would still be about 1% of how many downloaded the update.

I keep having Teamviewer sessions while I'm posting this, and not in a single one of them the problem was ever CAUSED by GSX or the Addon Manager, it was always something else, FSUIPC in one case (problem known), Ezdok camera in another, the antivirus in another case, the EXE.XML file manually edited with errors in another case and in one case there wasn't even a crash, we installed it, and it just worked.

Only in one single case, the Teamviewer session helped finding an issue with slow loading when Orbx sceneries are installed, and this has lead to an update which is already online, but that's just for speed up the loading times, there was never a problem or a crash.

So, your best option is do what I've been asked to everybody, and contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, so we'll find what's really causing it, in your case.

Monty1

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 05:37:11 pm »

Perhaps there are more people than you think with the same problem but are just waiting for a fix rather than repeating what has already been said.

Strange though that this ONE update, which should be just a simple process of downloading and installing is causing issues when previous ones have just worked first time. And once this updated version of GSX is uninstalled FSX loads and runs fine.

But OK, I'll go with it and contact you to arrange a team viewer session.

Windows 7 Home 64bit
Crucial 525GB MX300 2.5-inch SSD
2TB Master Hard Drive
Intel Core i7 4+4 Core 2600K 3.4Ghz 8MB L3 CACHE - ThermalTake Contac29 Cooler
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB PCI-E 3.0 Ready Graphics - FSX - GSX - FS Cabin Crew - ASN SP5

Mischka43

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 06:49:09 pm »
Ok, we had a Team Viewer session but its did not help so far, but at least:
- missing msvcr80.dll in FSX Rootfolder (although it is installed by VC ++2005 in a system folder and should be found there by FSX), it was possible to downlaod from here and to put into FSX rootfolder:
http://praxistipps.chip.de/msvcr80-dll-fehlt-was-tun_27434
But this did not help. At least "Dependency Walker" now doens't miss this dll when analysing BGLMANX.DLL

- After that a simconnect.ini analysis was hinting at FSCopilot . so I deinstalled FSInn and FSCopilot.
It did not help.

Coatl.log lokks like this:

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.

Coatl.err like this:

roblem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 24, in <lambda>
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 46, in showContainer
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 163, in show
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 196, in perform
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1266, in aircraftDisengaged
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1397, in reset
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 127, in restart
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 35, in switchToState
  File "couatl\common\criticalsection.py", line 12, in __enter__
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 61, in switchToState
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1067, in enter
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'playGUI'
{'Airport': 'LGKO', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 3', 'User Pos': (36.80154378960517, 27.089166254495705, 129.152 m, 4.48852 m, 8.958474039387369)}

Any more Ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

Mischka43

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 02:29:06 pm »
A Mistake: the Coatl.err was build onFeb 13 2016... there is ni newer one in Appdata/Virtuali....
So its unlikely, that this has some value....

Greetings, Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 02:32:35 pm »
- After that a simconnect.ini analysis was hinting at FSCopilot . so I deinstalled FSInn and FSCopilot.

Yes, we had some reports that these addons, due to the fact they use the first ever version of Simconnect, might cause problems to products using the newest one.

Try this:

- Reboot Windows in Safe Mode.

- Go into your Windows\WinSxS folder and delete the simconnect 10.0.61259.0 folder. Then reinstall the Simconnect.MSI file, this will hopefully restore a broken Simconnect.

Mischka43

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 03:39:16 pm »
Thanks for the advice!
There are three simconnect folders in WinSXS:

...10.0.61259.0.... containing the simconnect.dll version 10.0.61637.0
but also
...10.0.61242.0....containing the simconnect.dll version 10.0.61355.0
...10.0.60905.0 ...containing simconnect.dll version 10.0.60905.0

Good idea to delete all three of them or just the one u mentioned (the first one)?

Greetings,
Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 03:57:32 pm »
Good idea to delete all three of them or just the one u mentioned (the first one)?

First try removing only the 10.0.61259.0, and reinstall Simconnect.MSI. If that doesn't work, you might try removing the others.

Mischka43

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 04:02:34 pm »
Thanks, I will report how it works...

Mischka43

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 05:34:59 pm »
Ohoh ..that might have been the most catastrophic idea ever for my fsx...

1st ... win7 resisted to remove the folder from Winsxs in safe mode ... it resisted any attempt to get control over this folder... so by "unlocker" I managed to move it into recycle bin...

2nd after removalö simconnect.msi wouldn't install anythuing, possibly because there were to more folders telling it, simconnect is installed already?

3rd removal of the other two folders.

4rth simconnect.msi did run, but not install anything into winsxs!

5th Tried to recyle the three folders, to enable fsx again... but now Win7 is resisting to take them in winsxs again.

Will try a repair install of fsx and acc ... and hope that this did not rui my fsx installation!

Greetings,
Michael

PS: By the way t is starting to be  really annoying, that addon manager is soooo comnplicated - and don't blame others, I never had so much problems with any addon. It might be right, that Addonmanager is done "professional" in terms of programming, but it is much to complicated for the mess of windows and FSX. Addon Manager seems to be "too big" in terms of what You want it to do.... ?