Author Topic: Couatl Scripting Engine reports virus modification  (Read 2440 times)

Jorge Tunes

Couatl Scripting Engine reports virus modification
« on: January 28, 2017, 05:55:19 pm »
 >:(I have already downloaded and installed and reinstalled the GSX several times, with anti-virus Off. I run FSX with anti-virus Off and it always appears the same message from the Couatl Scripting Engine stating that it has been modified by virus. With this, it ends up not running and I do not have access to the Game Menu. Could someone help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Scripting Engine reports virus modification
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:37:49 pm »
it always appears the same message from the Couatl Scripting Engine stating that it has been modified by virus.

As explained in all threads about the antivirus, just installing with the antivirus off is NOT enough. You must ALSO configure it to exclude the whole sim folder from scanning, before starting the sim.

Jorge Tunes

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 10:14:19 pm »
I did according to the support guidelines and to not have problems with the anti-virus, I did its uninstallation. Even without an anti-virus on the computer, Couatl continued to issue the same message saying it had been modified by viruses. After several attempts, the solution I found was to transfer the files from the fsdreamteam folder of FSX to a USB stick that I use as a memory extension. When I play, I deactivate the anti-virus, I roll the FSX, I put the aircraft at the gate and only then I run the Couatl. Only then can I run the GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 10:19:15 pm »
After several attempts, the solution I found was to transfer the files from the fsdreamteam folder of FSX to a USB stick that I use as a memory extension.

This seems to indicate you have another software, maybe not exactly an antivirus, but something similar, that try to modify the program, but not if it's not on an actual hard drive. You must find who's the culprit, and disable it. It should be anything related to security.

Some users are running multiple products that do the same thing, slowing down the system, without realizing it, because many security-related products have overlapping features, like firewalls that do some antivirus protection too.