Author Topic: GSX and Orbx Global Vector conflict  (Read 7363 times)

ettennar

GSX and Orbx Global Vector conflict
« on: January 23, 2017, 01:07:56 pm »
When I run FSDT GSX with Orbx Global Vector GSX message Couatl Scripting Engine forFSX/ESP has stopped working. When I disable Orbx Global Vector the problem seems to resolve.I've added the bglmanx and fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe to my Anti virus as exclude files and locations.I've uninstalled and reinstalled with my antivirus turned off but if I run with Orbx Global Vector enabled I get the message  Couatl Scripting Engine forFSX/ESP has stopped working.Any help will be appreciated .Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and Orbx Global Vector conflict
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 05:51:42 pm »
Do you see better details in the Windows Event Viewer ? It should be in the Application log.

ettennar

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 06:09:57 am »
Hello FSDT,
   I'm not sure what I'm looking for in the event viewer.I sent a picture so maybe you could tell me what you want me to highlight to send it to you.

ettennar

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:38:26 am »
Dear FSDT ,
I hope this helps.Please let me know if this is or isn't what you need.Thanls

ettennar

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 09:41:04 am »
here is the rest of the XML

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 10:32:42 am »
The NTDLL.DLL error is most likely associated with having exhausted memory, so the sim is crashing because of this, and is MAKING Couatl crashing, because it couldn't send it the standard Simconnect message to close down, which would allow it to clean up its own resources.

Maybe having the OrbX scenery enabled caused the sim to use too much memory and, if you are using it with too high settings and a memory-hungry airplane, it's simply too much for a 32 bit app.

Which version of the sim you use ?

ettennar

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 04:05:23 pm »
HI,
  My sim is Radeon 16.12.1
                 AMD Radeon HD 7700 x2 Crossfire
                 Memory 1024 MB
                 Memory Type GDDR5
                 Core Clock 1050 MHz
                 Windows Version Windows 7(Service Pack 1)(64 bit)
                 System Memory 16 GB
                  CPU Type  Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz

Microsoft FSX Deluxe Edition with Acceleration

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 04:41:47 pm »
Microsoft FSX Deluxe Edition with Acceleration

That's the one that risk more OOMs ( Out of Memory ). See if switching to DirectX 10.0 will improve it, since DX10 mode use less memory.

ettennar

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 06:59:53 am »
Hi Umberto,
     I always use DX10,never DX9 mode.I tried moving all my FSDT airports to the top of the FSX scenery library over Orbx installs hoping that might solve the "GSX Script engine has stopped working" problem.So far so good.I have guarded optimism though.If I receive this error again i'll send you another event viewer of that instance if that's ok with you and we can investigate it further but for now everything SEEMS to be working ok. Thanks for your help and understanding .Very good support!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 09:04:11 am »
I tried moving all my FSDT airports to the top of the FSX scenery library over Orbx

Yes, that's a general rule which should always be followed: the sceneries covering smaller areas (airports, typically), should always stay higher than those covering larger areas, which is of course why our installers place them at the top by default.

ettennar

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 11:53:45 am »
Hi Umberto,
    I guess I jumped the gun. I Received this message."Couatl Script Engine Has Stopped Working" once again. Can you see anything that I might be doing wrong or advice :-\ so maybe I can resolve this issue. Many thanks for your patience.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   couatl.exe
  Application Version:   3.1.0.3577
  Application Timestamp:   584ec3d4
  Fault Module Name:   StackHash_80a5
  Fault Module Version:   6.1.7601.18247
  Fault Module Timestamp:   521ea8e7
  Exception Code:   c0000374
  Exception Offset:   000ce753
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   80a5
  Additional Information 2:   80a5439f08dcb7f33f509e56e089bc5b
  Additional Information 3:   c447
  Additional Information 4:   c447145192a5cbc90a117d628fc9ffcc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 12:14:54 pm »
Received this message."Couatl Script Engine Has Stopped Working" once again.

But this time is different, not a NTDLL.DLL error, as before. What was your location when the crash happened ? On an airport, or flying ?

ettennar

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 01:08:06 pm »
Hi Umberto,
  I think if memory serves me correctly I was switching airports or aircraft or maybe both.Can't recall 100%.Couldn't find anything in Event Viewer for this error. I thought I might send you a copy of my scenery config. file just in case you might want to have a look at it. Thanks once again.This Event Viewer just happened when I started FSX so I thought I'd pass it to you. Sorry Umberto but these messages keep popping up.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 07:15:32 pm by ettennar »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 12:40:42 pm »
I thought I might send you a copy of my scenery config. file just in case you might want to have a look at it. Thanks once again.This Event Viewer just happened when I started FSX so I thought I'd pass it to you. Sorry Umberto but these messages keep popping up.

From your GSX error log, it seems you are missing FSDT CYVR. Maybe you have two sim (like FSX and P3D) installed, and removed it from one of them. If you do that, and you still want to use it in the other sim, you must reinstall it in the sim you want to keep it. Or, uninstall it from both sims, if you don't want to use it anymore.

ettennar

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 11:54:01 am »
Hi Umberto,
   I only have FSX. I'll uninstall and reinstall FSDT CYVR. I'll send you more error messages from Event Viewer.Maybe they pertain to GSX not sure. Please have a look and let me know if you detect anything of significance .Sorry for all the troubles and again for your patience.