Author Topic: Suggestion for FS Dreamteam Scenery  (Read 8743 times)

chris493

Suggestion for FS Dreamteam Scenery
« on: January 20, 2009, 07:07:21 am »
Hi,

I know you guys receive tons of suggestions but I would like to through in 2 suggestions of mine. The first is Aberdeen Dyce (EGPD) airport in Scotland.

The main reasons are:

1- Aberdeen is the oil capital of Europe and although it is small, it is extremely busy operating helicopters to and from oil rigs, commuter aircraft around Scotland, flights to and from England, and also operates to many other cities in Europe.

2- I will guess that many Flight Simmers would love to see a scenery for this airport as there is no scenery at all available for Aberdeen. It wouldn't have to be FSX and FS9 but because I still fly FS9, it would be best.

It also doesn't have to be extremely detailed, even half the detail of ORD would be great, and also with AES support would be great.

Please really consider my suggestion as I would love a scenery with the quality like yours for Aberdeen.

You could even make a freeware version only with ok detail and AES Support. Also I would be extremely happy to help with plans for it as I live in Aberdeen.

My second Suggestion is Perth Intl Airport (YPPH) in Western Australia. It is also an extrremely popular and busy airport with no scenery for it. I would happily help with this airport too as I have over 2000 photos of Perth Intl from when I lived their 4 months ago.

Thanks and please consider my suggestions. Also please could readers leave their personal comments about my suggestions.

Thanks

Chris Brand

Razgriz

Re: Suggestion for FS Dreamteam Scenery
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 03:09:38 pm »
Those are some great reasons!  I'm almost sure they won't make Aberdeen but I'd love to see it.  Perth Intl would be great to see and would give me an incentive to fly jumbo jets over awesome OrbX AU.

Ray

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:52:12 pm »
First, let me express that I do not object to any possible future scenery project suggestions. It is a big community and therefore I believe no matter which airport they would make, there will always be some folks happy about it. The main question is, how many potential customers feel the urge for a new scenery of airport "(insert favorite here)", how much detailed documentation including photos of it are available and has it been done already, if yes, what is it's quality?

IMHO and personally, I am not so much into civilian airports as I prefer flying fighter jets in FS, like the beautiful Cloud9 F-104. No doubt, I am enthralled of the sceneries they did so far, to me they're second to none, however I would love to see them making a military base, like Cloud9 did Aviano and Rivolto. A place where we perhaps appropriately could fly FSDT's planned aircraft add-on out from  ;)
Realistically though, I don't think this will happen. Therefore I hope I will learn alot how FSDT do their sceneries, I teach myself more and more modeling and texturing tricks a.s.o so hopefully one day I will be able to create my own nice depiction of the former Royal Canadian Air Force bases in France - Marville and Grostequin or CFB Baden-Soellingen in West Germany, of which I have plenty of documentation.

I am really excited and looking forward to their planned aircraft. It will be magnificent, I feel it.  ;D

Rafal

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 08:23:23 am »
I prefer flying fighter jets in FS
Ray, absolutely no offence, just out of curiosity.
Then why do you use MFS? It's a civilian simulator, isn't it?
There are many praised (I believe) military games around, including CFS and Il-2 Sturmovik.
There you can use fighter jets to what they were created for.
For the same reason I wonder why there indeed ARE some fighter addons made form MFS and what people can do with them. Just fly from A to B?
I'm sure 99% of MFS simmers fly civilian aircraft (both GA and airliners), so I would highly doubt the sense of making military based by developers.
At least in their sales numbers, which is an essential point to do a business.

Once again: no offence of any kind, please. Just my thoughts.
I would think Microsoft Flight Simulator is NOT a good environment for military flights.
Hence my curiosity why you prefer flying jet fighters in it.

Best regards,
Rafal
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 02:56:51 pm by Rafal »
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

Ray

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 10:03:03 pm »
Valid question, Rafal!

Believe it or not, but I don't care a lot about the weaponry. I am much more interested in the high performance and the aircrafts systems itself and the military flying procedures (like the overhead-break). I can have a total blast with doing a low-level recconaissance sortie in the Cloud9 F-104. The thing that all the other air combat simulators are made for, shooting down and bombing or being shot down bores me after a while. I prefer to fly missions like the various Air Forces of this world perform each day just to stay trained, even they do not do live shootings every day! And talk about formation flying...  ;D GREAT!
   So you can consider me a pretty peaceful (or useless if you will) virtual fighter jockey.  ;)
Additionally, MSFS allows me to virtually fly 'sorties' out from nearby former bases over my home region, as I have watched so often the real jets as a kid. I love that and I can't do that in any Combat simulator available.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 10:38:11 pm by Ray »

Rafal

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 10:48:42 pm »
Ray,

Thanks for you explanation.
It sounds reasonable and now I understand it much better.
That's true: we want it or not, but military operations ARE part of our aviation world.
And since MFS tries to recreate the world to fly for us, why not fighter jets?

Another question is flying military on VATSIM.
One day, a few years ago, I was flying an Air France 747 from Roissy to Reunion.
Suddenly an F-1X (sorry, I have no idea which F) came close to me and started doing crazy manoeuvres around me, while I was cruising with .85 Ma. Simple requests didn't help untill I threatened this 'fighter' with a SUP intervention.

Somehow I'm sure you are not this type of pilot.
So, frankly, I wish you a lot of flying fun and I hope someone will make a quality FS9 base for you to operate from.

Best regards,
Rafal
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

chris493

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 08:50:04 am »
Any more feedback??

Chris

Buziel-411

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 06:39:12 pm »
I hope FSDT doesn't do a military base... Just my opinion. Although it would be neat for some developing companies to pop up that specialized in military bases.  :)

HamburgerJung

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 07:46:29 pm »
Please everything, but no military-shit-base ... :o :(

I hope we get a scenery from China or South America, or Hawaii ?

BOOM

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 09:10:16 pm »
 I think Hawaii is a GREAT!!!! choice,Honolulu Int. to be specific,lots there to keep everyone happy,short flights for island hopping,long flights to Asia,water landings @ Pearl Harbour.Aircraft Carrier Ops for Military jocs and plenty of great scenery for everyone.
/Patrick/   

Patrick

Razgriz

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 09:41:47 pm »
Why do you guys hate military bases so much?  There a normal airport but with better custom scenery.  In the sim you can fly in or out of a military base and no body will come and shoot you down.

BOOM

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 10:12:41 pm »
 ;D Maybe they're affraid of being shadowed by Migs Online ;D

Patrick

crunk747

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 12:41:42 am »
Chris,
I honestly don't think that FSDT will do Perth Intl. because Orbx/FTX is probably going to develop it later this year as they have announced plans for YBBN, YSSY etc. You might want to show them some of those pics and tell them you could help them out.  8) 8) Just a suggestion...

Dan

jay907uk

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 12:19:44 pm »
Hi All,

My vote still stands with Anchorage being a major freight hub. Or one of the UPS / Fedex hubs which would be as equally good.

Kind Regards

Jay  :)