Author Topic: No catering choices again  (Read 2843 times)

p3dx3

No catering choices again
« on: January 18, 2017, 08:43:44 am »
Back to not getting catering choices. Parked with an airplane code BAW at Terminal 7, 702 and 703 at your JFK scenery for FSX. Latest GSX installed. Selecting deboarding I get the option to choose a provider (but no Swissport or any ground handling companies just airlines like United) and that is it. No catering pops up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No catering choices again
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 10:05:46 am »
I can see the Catering selection menu just fine at FSDT JFK Gate 703, see the attached screenshot.

As explained so many times on the forum, and of course in the manual, your own airplane code doesn't have any effect on the choice of the ground operator, because it would wrong if you could be followed by your own crew everywhere in the world, so only the airline code of the PARKING has any effect on the ground operator or the catering operator.

You don't say if you changed the airline code in the scenery AFCAD, or if you changed them in the GSX parking customization page but, as already explained in many threads in the forum, if your changes to the codes resulted in only one operator with an higher score, NO MENU will be displayed for it, since it wouldn't make much sense to offer a menu with just one option so, if the highest scoring choice is only one, the menu selection will be skipped so, this is entirely normal.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 11:45:45 am »
I can see the Catering selection menu just fine at FSDT JFK Gate 703, see the attached screenshot.

As explained so many times on the forum, and of course in the manual, your own airplane code doesn't have any effect on the choice of the ground operator, because it would wrong if you could be followed by your own crew everywhere in the world, so only the airline code of the PARKING has any effect on the ground operator or the catering operator.

You don't say if you changed the airline code in the scenery AFCAD, or if you changed them in the GSX parking customization page but, as already explained in many threads in the forum, if your changes to the codes resulted in only one operator with an higher score, NO MENU will be displayed for it, since it wouldn't make much sense to offer a menu with just one option so, if the highest scoring choice is only one, the menu selection will be skipped so, this is entirely normal.

I deleted the JFKv2 scenery folder and downloaded and ran the installer again, had it update to the latest afcad. I noticed after having the problem that opening the afcad up in AFX the parking spots for all the gates are "ramp ga" I am using your afcad downloaded. You are using P3D I am using FSX. Besides a different aircraft I cannot think of anything else. Strange.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 11:46:26 pm »
I deleted the JFKv2 scenery folder and downloaded and ran the installer again

If you customized it with GSX, it won't change anything, because your existing .INI file will still be there. You can check the GSX parking customization dialog to see if there's a customization in effect, in the upper/left of the window.

Besides a different aircraft I cannot think of anything else

But since you don't say which airplane you used, it's difficult to say.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 08:52:27 am »
I deleted the JFKv2 scenery folder and downloaded and ran the installer again

If you customized it with GSX, it won't change anything, because your existing .INI file will still be there. You can check the GSX parking customization dialog to see if there's a customization in effect, in the upper/left of the window.

Besides a different aircraft I cannot think of anything else

But since you don't say which airplane you used, it's difficult to say.

I have not customized it, it is a default install, with the Aerosoft Airbus A318, not customized the aircraft all default. And the gsx ini file is in the jfk scenery folder from the installer.