Author Topic: Installer stops progressing  (Read 2490 times)

juliomrf

Installer stops progressing
« on: January 18, 2017, 12:48:27 am »
Hi,

Instalation begins pretty normal until SODE Platform Manager window opens. Added to it another SimObject Display Engine window also opens but the bar doesn't raise any progress on this window. In the SODE window I only registered P3Dv3 since it is my main simulator (I have FSX_SE also). After that nothing happens. SimObject window keeps the same (no bar raise). I waited for a considerable time and no changing at all. When I quit SODE window an error message "Runtime Error" pops up and instalation main window keeps stopped, so I Ctrl Alt Del it. Am I doing any thing wrong or is it an instalation issue? Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installer stops progressing
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 11:57:36 pm »
In the SODE window I only registered P3Dv3 since it is my main simulator (I have FSX_SE also). After that nothing happens.

The SODE installer it's only wait for you to close the windows, with the X, so the installation will continue.

juliomrf

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 09:24:11 pm »
I did that but when I click on the SODE screen "X" I receive a "Runtime error". The error details is as follows:

Runtime Error (at 150:2448):
error on line 8: In a XML file  only are permitted higher level elements.

I click Ok and another error shows up "List index out of bounds". I click ok again and the main installer stops progressing and I have to ctrl alt del it.

What could it be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 02:28:43 pm »
I did that but when I click on the SODE screen "X" I receive a "Runtime error". The error details is as follows:

Runtime Error (at 150:2448):
error on line 8: In a XML file  only are permitted higher level elements.

This means your XML files were ALREADY corrupted before installing GSX, most likely because you have edited it by hand, or a bugged installer for another product corrupted them.

Our installer won't dare to touch an already corrupted XML file, risking to mess it up even further, so it notifies you of the error and abort, so you have a chance to fix it.

See here for an example of a problem which might be similar:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11252.msg88979.html#msg88979

If that doesn't apply to you, and you can't figure out the problem, if you attach the files here (do not post the text, ZIP the files and attach them to a message), I can tell you.

P3D has two locations for the XML files:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3
%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V3

You must check both of them.