Author Topic: Post Update Problems  (Read 5322 times)

jtbetteridge

Post Update Problems
« on: January 12, 2017, 03:48:49 pm »
Hi
I've downloaded and installed correctly the GSX upgrade.  Addon Manager and GSX show correctly in the menu (although it took 3 download/install attempts to get this to happen).
I thought that this upgrade was supposed to sort out the ground services so that the correct or at least reasonable services were in place.  However, there still appear to be random services - for example at Bristol EGGD I had Air Mauritius, and at Belfast EGAA I had Aeroflot and Aer Lingus.

Second problem: also since the latest upgrade, when I reset the position, COATL crashes out (this was at UK2000 EGGD).

Third problem, on push back at EGGD the rear baggage loader followed me out and I kept getting reminded to open the rear door even after take-off!  This was despite a correct pushback.

Fourth problem is random COATL crashes.  Last log attached below.

Grateful for any advice - I've done a complete uninstall/reinstall with new files from your website, and also checked the registry is correct.

couatl v3.1 (build 3577)
panic log started on Thu Jan 12 13:05:28 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 301, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 410, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive
{'Airport': 'EGAA', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 24', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate 14', 'User Pos': (54.661112608286146, -6.213418769983001, 86.2037 m, 4.51771 m, 246.88516897952871)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Post Update Problems
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 03:51:12 pm »
I thought that this upgrade was supposed to sort out the ground services so that the correct or at least reasonable services were in place.  However, there still appear to be random services - for example at Bristol EGGD I had Air Mauritius, and at Belfast EGAA I had Aeroflot and Aer Lingus.

You probably haven't fully followed the issues about the random operators. There are several reasons why they appears, but not all of them are caused by GSX or should be fixed by it.

The fixed fixed ONLY the problem caused by having customized the airline code with a single airline. In the previous version, if you had only a single custom airline code, it wasn't read, and the airlines became random. This is the ONLY thing the update fixes.

But another possible reason of having random operators, is if the scenery developer flagged a non-cargo parking as being cargo. This problem won't be fixed by the update, and it shouldn't. It can only fixed by overriding the parking type in GSX, so it can correctly identify the parking.

Second problem: also since the latest upgrade, when I reset the position, COATL crashes out (this was at UK2000 EGGD).

Doesn't happen here. Does it happen only at that airport ?

Third problem, on push back at EGGD the rear baggage loader followed me out and I kept getting reminded to open the rear door even after take-off!  This was despite a correct pushback.

The precise, exact, sequence of the operation you selected, please.

Fourth problem is random COATL crashes.  Last log attached below.

the "cruise speed must be positive" has been discussed many times on the forum:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10287.msg80270.html#msg80270
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9747.msg76931.html#msg76931

This error indicates the scenery AFCAD has an error, like overlapping nodes, orphaned nodes, unconnected links, unreachable parkings, etc. You might try to fix it using the ADE or AFX "Fault Finder" options, or at least having an idea what's wrong with the AFCAD, and report it to the developers.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 06:22:57 pm »
I use almost exclusively UK2000 sceneries, and all these fault occurred at Bristol, Belfast, Leeds for example.

The error with the baggage loader was at Bristol on gate 23.

The random operators last occured at Belfast Aldergrove stand 13 but also at Gatwick and the others mentioned above. 

All these things did not happen previously at these airports!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 11:04:34 pm »
The error with the baggage loader was at Bristol on gate 23.

The random operators last occured at Belfast Aldergrove stand 13 but also at Gatwick and the others mentioned above. 

Does it mean you DO NOT get random operators at Bristol Gate 23, but you get the error, but you DO have random operators at Belfast and Gatwick and no error ?

Because, I just tried the Demo for Bristol, and I see it has EZY assigned to Gate 23 and, sure enough, I got GSX vehicles in Easy Jet livery with no menu to choose them, which is correct, since the only available candidate is Easy Jet, and no random vehicles, and no error.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 10:03:30 pm »
Are you saying that the ground handling livery is tied in to the airline code at the gate?  If so this is surely incorrect because, for example, easyJet don't ever use their own handlers but swissport, menzies or whoever.
At Gatwick today on gate 106 I got a totally random airline livery on the handlers.
At Heathrow gate 521 just now I has ElAl.
This is not realistic really at all.

flyingfish

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 10:56:54 pm »
I had similar problems following the update but an uninstall followed by a full install and I now have the correct handlers at UK2000 airports (EGKK, EGLL, EGPH and EGPF) as well as other airports around the world. Worth a try?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 11:44:20 am »
Are you saying that the ground handling livery is tied in to the airline code at the gate?  If so this is surely incorrect

Please, do not confuse the issue that, in the current version you have there was still a bug (which has been fixed for the upcoming update) that resulted in random operators appearing in some cases, with the fact using the airline code as a strategy is "incorrect", because this is not the case.

The airline code is used only to give a boost to some operators in the scoring if all other candidates have an equal maximum score, meaning they should match the ICAO code of the airport with all 4 characters.

for example, easyJet don't ever use their own handlers but swissport, menzies or whoever.

Easyjet doesn't have a score of 4 at EGLL so, it won't use their handlers anyway, even if the parking had the EZY code. But that's besides the point, the whole point of the current version, is that YOU can tell which operators to use!

Note that, doing this will also fix the bug (which, again, will been fixed in the next update), because it only happened if there were no codes at all.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2017, 01:08:24 pm »
OK, thank you for the information, I look forward to the forthcoming update.
Jerry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 05:48:02 pm »
OK, thank you for the information, I look forward to the forthcoming update.

Is out now.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2017, 10:32:42 pm »
Thank you.
Do I need to do an uninstall and then download and install the new version Umberto?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 11:07:23 pm »
Do I need to do an uninstall and then download and install the new version Umberto?

Quoting from the announcement post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15013.0.html

To install the new update, you have two options:

- Download the latest Full installer, which contains everything.

OR

- Download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager and the latest Vehicles Update from the GSX page.

These are two ways to install. Since there's no mention of Uninstalling, you can assume is not required or doesn't matter.

jtbetteridge

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 10:23:30 pm »
I installed the new version and at Gatwick (UK2000 EGKK) I get 3 options at most gates: BA, Virgin and Easjet - all incorrect.
At Jersey (UK2000 EGJJ) I get more realistic options including Menzies and Serviceair.

It seems the new version doesn't fix all the issues yet.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 12:59:48 am »
I installed the new version and at Gatwick (UK2000 EGKK) I get 3 options at most gates: BA, Virgin and Easjet - all incorrect.

You are again confusing the previous bug (which has been fixed) that resulted in random operators appearing in some cases, with how operators are being assigned, as a general strategy.

I really hope you don't believe that, for all 20.000 airports in FSX, we manually assigned the operators, one by one!

The GSX manual, and the PaintKit documentation both explains this. There's a SCORING system, with a hierarchical system based on the airport ICAO code, which assign operators in a very general way, in order not to have services coming from totally unrelated countries or regions.

This was refined with the help of website collecting informations about operators around the world, to give a bit more correct representation, but is still generic and, sometimes (a lot of times) they change, they go bankrupt, their contract expires, etc.

When we have better information, usually with the help of users knowing the airport, or if the operator website is helping indicating all the airports they operate on. Not all companies have such info, and some list an airport even if they only have an office there, without this being entirely obvious.

With previous GSX versions, you had to use the PaintKit documentation and edit a lot of SIM.CFG files manually, but now is no longer needed, since you can customize every parking or whole groups or terminals, or even the whole airport in one single step, overriding any strategy that might be used by GSX by defaul.