Author Topic: Refueling without request  (Read 5452 times)

hobeprime

Refueling without request
« on: January 06, 2017, 09:22:40 pm »
GSX refuels without me having requested it.
All I did was to request pushback. I use the Aerosoft Airbus and its refuling function. As soon as the GSX fuel truck arrives unwanted and adds only a few kg of fuel, the refueling does not work any more.

Isn't there a possibility to exclude the fuel truck? I think that in former versions the fuel truck only came when you requested it.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Refueling without request
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2017, 01:12:46 pm »
GSX refuels without me having requested it.

The GSX refuel truck doesn't arrive if you don't call it, that how it always was, and nothing has changed with any of the updates.

All I did was to request pushback.

You must have requested the fuel without realizing it.

As soon as the GSX fuel truck arrives unwanted and adds only a few kg of fuel, the refueling does not work any more.

Please clarify. And indicate precise reproduction steps because, of course, before replying, I tried asking for pushback only with the Airbus A320, and no fuel truck arrived.

hobeprime

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2017, 02:06:53 pm »

The GSX refuel truck doesn't arrive if you don't call it, that how it always was, and nothing has changed with any of the updates.

Thanks for the quick reply. That is the most interesting statement for me as it shows that the error must be found  somewehre else. I have taken great care not to request refueling that was why I was wondering.

As usual when I post something unusual after a couple of repeated problems, it now works. I will try to reproduce it and get back to you. Meanwhile: Thanks!

Regards,
Dennis

hobeprime

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 06:29:21 pm »
OK, I was just standing at the gate with an Aerosoft Airbus 319 (v1.31), using P3D v3.3, FS2CrewVoice, FSGlobalRealWeather, connected to VATSIM via vPilot. As I am writing the flight is still progressing.
  • I requested Catering
  • I requested Boarding
I have taken great care not to request refueling.
The green bar said: "[GSX] Boarding requested. Waiting for other services to complete"
  • I loaded the aircraft via TOPCAT
  • I loaded the fuel via the Aerosoft refueling system
Suddenly the green bar said: "[GSX] Refueling service requested.Waiting for other services to complete"
Please do note: I had not interacted in any way with GSX in order to request refueling.
"[GSX] Boarding completed"
"[GSX] Refueling service requested" (which I did not do)
"[GSX] WARNING: Refueling with passengers onboard. Fasten Seat Belts OFF"
"[GSX] WARNING: Refueling with passengers onboard. No Smoking Sign ON"
The fuel truck arrived: "[GSX] Fuel Truck is in position"
"[GSX] Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" (several times)
  • I requested preparation for pushback and departure
"[GSX] Departure clearance requested"
"[GSX] Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" (several times)
GSX told me to close front and aft doors left and to close front and aft cargo doors.
Pushback procedure commenced as usual. Engine start due to icing conditions after pushback was completed (as advised by GSX)
After the tow truck was disconnected, I got the messages:
"[GSX] Loading fuel: 0 gals (1 kgs)"
"[GSX] Loading fuel: 1 gals (3 kgs)"
"[GSX] Loading fuel: 1 gals (5 kgs)"
"[GSX] Loading fuel: 2 gals (6 kgs)"
"[GSX] Loading fuel: 3 gals (9 kgs)"
"[GSX] Loading fuel: 4 gals (12 kgs)"
The fuel truck left (parking brakes of aircraft still set)
After releasing the parking brakes and commencing taxi, I got the message: "[GSX] Waiting for your action: open Aft Cargo Door". This was repeated until takeoff. Please note that (like I wrote earlier) I had been told by GSX to close the aft cargo door before the fuel truck arrived.

So I'm a bit at a loss because I don't have the slightest idea, what the problem might be. There is no time synchronisation or the like activated (only the programmes mentioned at the top).

Kind regards,
Dennis [/list]

dazza1980

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:30:05 pm »
Hi,

I too am having the same problem since the new Fuelling GSX update.

Exact same issues as mentioned as above using the Aerosoft Airbus.

Fuel trucks will always try to refuel without any sort of request by myself.

My problem occurs, regardless of order of processes, including just requesting pushback only.

Thank you

Darren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 10:30:07 pm »
I have taken great care not to request refueling.

You surely have requested it. Maybe from a PREVIOUS flight ?

I loaded the fuel via the Aerosoft refueling system

Suddenly the green bar said:"Refueling service requested.Waiting for other services to complete"

"Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" (several times)

This surely a mistake. If you did these operations in this sequence, no wonder it doesn't work because, as clearly explained on the GSX manual, you should load fuel AFTER you see the "Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" message.

I requested preparation for pushback and departure

That's another mistake: GSX was waiting for you to load fuel, but you ignored it and called pushback instead.

GSX told me to close front and aft doors left and to close front and aft cargo doors.

That's normal, because it will remove the loaders temporarily to refuel.

Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" (several times)

It was here that you had to refuel.

After releasing the parking brakes and commencing taxi, I got the message: "[GSX] Waiting for your action: open Aft Cargo Door". This was repeated until takeoff. Please note that (like I wrote earlier) I had been told by GSX to close the aft cargo door before the fuel truck arrived.

It seems that you managed to confused the program by continue to ignore its requests, and not using explained on the manual. We'll try to add additional check to prevent this, and make it more foolproof.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 10:31:57 pm »

I'm sorry but, as I've said, I already tested this, and it doesn't happen. As the previous poster, I think you are using GSX in the wrong way and are ignoring its request.

Since I cannot replicate it, please indicate the PRECISE, EXACT, reproduction sequence, from the START of your sim session.

hobeprime

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 10:41:52 am »
[...] We'll try to add additional check to prevent this, and make it more foolproof.

Thank you, I'd appreciate that.

As I reload P3D before every flight, there can be no request left from a previous session. I have always refueled before bording and until recently had no problems.

Btw.: Personally, I don't think it helps that you try to point out that I am stupid and don't do what GSX says. I have quoted the GSX messages and I have never requested refuelling. The sequence of events has never been a problem since the requested GSX services wait until the previous operation is completed. The main thing is that I never requested refueling. (Maybe there is a possibility to add a checkbox in the aircraft config of GSX if you don't want a fuel vehicle, or at least no refueling?)

Regards,
Dennis

Additional Information:
This time I have waited for every single GSX step to be completed before requesting the next and have just omitted the refueling. I even waited to refuel with the internal refueling system until the pushback truck was connected. And all of the sudden: "[GSX] Refueling service requested"
I am beginning to believe that adding fuel or using the internal Aerosoft refuling system triggers the GSX fuel truck.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:23:30 am by hobeprime »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 11:41:53 am »
As I reload P3D before every flight, there can be no request left from a previous session. I have always refueled before bording and until recently had no problems.

But since you never said before, I couldn't possibly know that, so I HAD to ask. And in fact, during the Beta, we HAD a problem of fuel requests from the previous session coming very late, but this has been fixed.

Personally, I don't think it helps that you try to point out that I am stupid and don't do what GSX says.

I'm not obviously meaning that. Maybe you did it inadvertently. In any case, you surely are not doing what the GSX manual says, because (according to your own report), you loaded fuel before waiting for the "Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel".

I even waited to refuel with the internal refueling system until the pushback truck was connected

That's also not what the manual says. There's only ONE time you are supposed to load fuel, and it's AS SOON as you see the "Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel", not before, and not while doing another service.

I am beginning to believe that adding fuel or using the internal Aerosoft refuling system triggers the GSX fuel truck.

That's not really the issue here. I think having the fuel being called automatically when you change the fuel might even be desirable, the problem is more with what happened next, and the program shouldn't be confused by unusual behavior, like ignoring all the requests to close/open doors you reported next.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 11:48:58 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 11:43:32 am »
Hi,

Exact same issues as mentioned as above using the Aerosoft Airbus.

Are you using it as explained on the manual, which has an example made precisely with the Aerosoft Airbus ? With "using it as explained on the manual", I mean loading Fuel AFTER you see the "Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" message, NOT before.

dazza1980

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 04:28:22 pm »
OK, I have tried to follow the advice you have given and look through he manual.

The manual isn't very clear about practices with regards to the Aerosoft Airbus (only a brief mention then it goes on about the PMDG 737/777).

Rather than you asking us the way we are using GSX, how about you give us a step by step guide on how you are loading Fuel, Catering and Cargo/Pax?

This might be more useful.

Dennis, have you gotten it working correctly yet?

I have tried for the past two days, using the suggestions, but it still doesnt work correctly.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 03:45:16 pm »
The manual isn't very clear about practices with regards to the Aerosoft Airbus (only a brief mention then it goes on about the PMDG 737/777).

There's no difference between the Airbus or the PMDG 777, as far as GSX is concerned. Of course, the Airbus doesn't have a "turn around" page, so it doesn't start refueling automatically 5 minutes after starting a turnaround, but it has a "Load" button in the Fuel page which, opposite to the "Load Instant" option, will start the progressive refueling.

The only important thing is that you must do, is to act on the Fuel after you see the "Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel" message, NOT before.

Rather than you asking us the way we are using GSX, how about you give us a step by step guide on how you are loading Fuel, Catering and Cargo/Pax?

I'm asking, because I wanted to know if you are using it according to the manual or if you are using in a totally unexpected way. And, I'm asking what you do, because I need to try to REPRODUCE IT.

Being able to reproduce a problem, is the ONLY way to fix it.

Or, if it's not a problem, being able to UNDERSTAND what you are doing, is the only way to explain if/why you did something wrong.