Author Topic: Reset Couatl option makes GSX no longer available!  (Read 3287 times)

crauds

Reset Couatl option makes GSX no longer available!
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:42:04 pm »
Using ConcordeX with GSX continues to bring truck after truck instead of keeping track of the fuel already loaded(?)   So this time I decided to  stop it manually when it had reached the correct fill.  I pressed CTL-F12 and selected "reset" and it promptly exited the GSX program but then failed to reappear.  GSX was no longer available in my FSX menu!  I tried to manually restart couatl.exe from windows.  Nothing happened.  Still did not appear again in FSX.  The contents of the log file after that attempt:

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx busy, waiting.

Shutting down FSX and restarting the entire prep process again would not be a happy solution!  This must be a glitch introduced with the new refueling program update because I never had issue with "reset" before.  FYI, I have not installed the most recent (today's) upgrade. 
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reset Couatl option makes GSX no longer available!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 10:57:08 pm »
Nothing in the refuel can have any effect on the "Restart Couatl" option.

The issue is, by trying to make the program more resilient to crashes caused by other reasons (other addons or simply OOMs), which would cause an hard crash of Couatl.exe, which users might be mislead thinking it was the cause, there's a small chance the Reset sometimes might not work.

So no, you don't have to exit the sim each time, it just happened once.

Again, we'll try to check what the problem with the Concorde is. As soon we find some spare time to fix all the bugs reported, as they come, as you might have noticed by the today's upgrade.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 12:41:32 pm »
Thanks for the response.  But it is not the "restart" couatl that posed an issue.  It is the "reset" couatl option in the dialogue box that appears on the screen when I access GSX by pressing the CTL-F12 key.  According to the manual that should just cancel out any GSX functions in progress and allow me to start over GSX applications.  Instead it totally closed down GSX program and I knew of no way to get it back without restarting FSX.  Maybe, as you suggest, this was just a one time event.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 06:06:13 pm »
But it is not the "restart" couatl that posed an issue.  It is the "reset" couatl option in the dialogue box that appears on the screen when I access GSX by pressing the CTL-F12 key.

They are one and the same. The Reset simply calls the Couatl Restart, and it has always been like this, since GSX was released. I don't think you are entirely unable to use it, it must happened once.

crauds

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 07:25:59 pm »
Same problem repeated itself.  Gate 117 RKSI using ConcordeX and after 3rd truck loaded fuel (which was approximately the required load) I used FSX menu and selected RESTART COUATL (otherwise it would continue sending trucks) and the truck disappeared but GSX failed to restart.  The log file stated, "starting simconnect gracefully"  but nothing happened.  So I manually attempted to activate couatl.exe and still nothing but this time log file verified that it had connected to simconnect but then stated "BGLMANX BUSY, WAITING."  I checked task manager (WINDOWS VISTA 64) and it showed that couatl script file was enabled but still no GSX available within FSX.  Is there a procedure to get out of this conundrum without restarting FSX?   Other instances activating RESTART COUATL seemed to act normally but maybe something about this particular combination of events(?)   I usually call for "refueling" before I call any other GSX functions.  In addition to ConcordeX and GSX, I had ASN, and UT2 but no other addons.  Why would couatl be waiting for BGLMANX (whatever that is)?
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 10:36:28 pm »
Same problem repeated itself. 

I can only repeat my previous answer: by trying to make the program more resilient to crashes caused by other reasons (other addons or simply OOMs), which would cause an hard crash of Couatl.exe, which users might be mislead thinking it was the cause, there's a small chance the Reset sometimes might not work.

Yes, it happens to me sometime, like 1 out 10 times, but right now, we haven't be able to understand why. The issue is, you are using the Restart function JUST because you have a problem with the Concorde X, but that's NOT supposed to happen in the first place.

The Restart function should be a last resort, not to be abused with, because I suspect that with too many addons loaded, it might become less reliable so, the correct course of action would be trying to understand why there are issues with the Concorde X, and don't use Refueling with it IN THE MEANTIME, instead of stressing the Reset function, which was never meant to be used normally.

crauds

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 10:45:02 pm »
don't use Refueling with it IN THE MEANTIME, instead of stressing the Reset function, which was never meant to be used normally.

Roger that!
Craig Williams