Author Topic: Refueling on PMDG problem  (Read 8529 times)

Ifikratis

Refueling on PMDG problem
« on: January 04, 2017, 05:46:11 pm »
Hi,

I am trying to implement the new refueling system on the PMDG NGX but seem to not get it right.

1) I request refueling
2) The fuel tracks arrives, the guy plugs the pump below the right wing
3) I am aksed to refuel the plane (use passive method)
4) I open the FMC and load my total fuel on the FMC (attach screenshot)
5) The tracks says 1 (Kg?) , the guy retracts the pump and leaves completing refuleing

I was expecting to show a load process, and to load half of what I entered to the one wing and then load the other wing. Am I doing something wrong?

https://s30.postimg.org/4n3fmlyy9/Untitled.png
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:39:56 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Refueling on PMDG problem
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 06:39:44 pm »
5) The tracks says 1 (Kg?) , the guy retracts the pump and leaves completing refuleing

I was expecting to show a load process, and to load half of what I entered to the one wing and then load the other wing. Am I doing something wrong?

You left out the most important piece of information: what was the fuel quantity just BEFORE you saw the "Please use the refueling system of your airplane" message from GSX ? As explained on the manual, GSX will know how much fuel it must load (even simulated), by comparing what you had before you see that message, to how it suddenly increased after that message.

Ifikratis

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 07:17:35 pm »
Aah ok, thank you very much for the reply. That is then explainable. It was the default cold and dark setting, which should is fully loaded tanks. I suppose I should put it on zero before calling the fuel track. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:33:10 pm by Ifikratis »

Ifikratis

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 12:33:54 am »
I tried it. The fuel truck indicated the wings load in the track's display, but it was instantly loaded and the truck left. It didn't took a realistic time to load and it didn't refuel the left wing. Is that normal?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 09:58:02 am »
The fuel truck indicated the wings load in the track's display, but it was instantly loaded and the truck left. It didn't took a realistic time to load and it didn't refuel the left wing. Is that normal?

It wasn't loaded "instantly". It was loaded very fast, because you don't have the "Always Refuel Progressively" option enabled in the GSX Settings.

The PMDG 737 doesn't have a progressive refuel feature, it always loads instantly so, we assumed (BY DEFAULT) that if you wanted to load instantly, we shouldn't tie you with a complex procedure, because on other airplanes (like the PMDG 777 or the Aerosoft Airbus) you can choose between loading instantly, or loading progressively.

That's what the "Always Refuel Progressively" option does. If it's enabled, even 3rd party airplanes WITH a custom fuel system but WITHOUT a progressive refueling feature, will be loaded progressively. Of course, this is only a simulation, because ONLY airplane using the DEFAULT fuel system will be actually loaded BY GSX. Those with a custom fuel system will always load themselves as they always did, with GSX being just an animation.

Ifikratis

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 04:20:20 am »
Dear Umberto,

Thank you very much again for the reply. I realize it was my mistake not reading the manual at the first place. Actually I hadn't realized there was a manual!  :D

Now the progressive loading works fine. The only unanswered question is whether the truck can also load the left wing in the simulation. Couldn't find that on the manual but I remember reading it recently in the forum. Is that possible?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 10:32:05 am »
Now the progressive loading works fine. The only unanswered question is whether the truck can also load the left wing in the simulation. Couldn't find that on the manual but I remember reading it recently in the forum. Is that possible?

Of course it can, but you must configure it. However, it will work only one one side at the time. Two trucks at the same time are not supported and, even on larger airplanes like the 777, are considered an option, not a standard feature.

And, if you refuel from the left, the passenger stairs will be temporarily removed, in order to make sure the truck won't clash into them, which is why we configured all planes to be refueled from the right, by default.

ozflyer

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2017, 09:21:08 am »
Hi Umberto,

I have a similar issue.

Aircraft PMDG 777-300 ER, I start with 55,000 lbs fuel on board.

In GSX settings, I have always progressive ticked, and multiple trips off.

I request for fuel truck and it arrives and I am asked to use the air crafts fueling system.

I go into FMC and change fuel to 142,660 lbs. And the truck starts refuelling.

I get the green bar on the top stating 10000lbs fuel, and just keeps repeating and does not end.

I had minimum refuel time set to 300 sec in the configuration.

Even after 15 mins, the bar just keeps flashing 66000 gallons / 100000 lbs. It does not go above 100000 lbs ...

The refuelling completed message does not appear, what am I doing wrong.

I have to reset position and then continue with boarding etc.

The scenery is default WSSS and gate D34.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2017, 11:55:18 am »
Have you tried enabling multiple trips ?

ozflyer

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2017, 12:43:17 pm »
Would enabling multiple trips resolve the issue ?.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2017, 01:06:06 pm »
Would enabling multiple trips resolve the issue ?.

That was my question too.

Yes, of course it's supposed to work in both cases, that's why I asked if it fixes the issue, in order to understand if that's is the problem.

ozflyer

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2017, 12:24:00 am »
Thanks Umberto

I will check and confirm in 12 hours, currently on a OMDB to YMML leg :-)

XCLTM3

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2017, 02:35:30 am »
Thanks Umberto

Wow, you're not going to use the time acceleration mode?
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

ozflyer

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2017, 11:54:07 am »
Thanks Umberto

I tried ticking multiple trips and then apply changes.

But the settings are nit being saved.

It reverts to unticked when I look in settings again.

Why would it not save ?????.

Other changes in the dialog box are saved, eg. Acceleration x3 etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2017, 12:14:50 pm »
Why would it not save ?????.

Fixed in the current Live Update.