Author Topic: PMDG Parking Spot Help  (Read 2616 times)

B777ER

PMDG Parking Spot Help
« on: December 31, 2016, 09:09:54 pm »
I just parked at the FEDEX ramp at MEM. Spot 750. I was in the PMDG 777F.  If you follow the marshaler you go way past the stop bar and almost into the service road. How do you correct this. I see the nose wheel in the aircraft config is around 20. I moved it back via the 3D config tool for redoing the aircraft parameters placing it directly over the stop bar. The nose wheel setting went from 20 to 11.09. I then slewed the plane back to that proper stop point. I saved it and then went to move the ground vehicles around. When I entered into the 3D editor, the plane jumps back to the old spot. What am I doing wrong?
Eric

B777ER

Re: PMDG Parking Spot Help
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:50:42 pm »
Bumping
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 05:36:29 pm »
The nose wheel is used ONLY to position the Pushback truck in GSX. It won't have ANY effect on where the plane is positioned by the marshaller.

Missing any better information, GSX will always place the center of the plane in the center of the parking, as defined in the scenery AFCAD.

So, this problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's rather a problem of the current AFCAD supplied with KMEM, which needs some of the cargo positions to be adjusted for larger planes.

B777ER

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 09:25:26 pm »
The nose wheel is used ONLY to position the Pushback truck in GSX. It won't have ANY effect on where the plane is positioned by the marshaller.

Missing any better information, GSX will always place the center of the plane in the center of the parking, as defined in the scenery AFCAD.

So, this problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's rather a problem of the current AFCAD supplied with KMEM, which needs some of the cargo positions to be adjusted for larger planes.

Thank you Umberto. As the AFCAD is FSDT's will there be any tweaking of it?
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 10:01:32 am »
Thank you Umberto. As the AFCAD is FSDT's will there be any tweaking of it?

We are already working on it, of course...