Author Topic: How can i choose my proffered handling company?  (Read 3247 times)

Airbuspilot

How can i choose my proffered handling company?
« on: December 28, 2016, 06:20:21 pm »
Dear Fsdreamteam,

I have being trying to get Swissport to work at UK2000 Leeds. I have edited the afcad for the scenery and added the appropriate codes for swissport. For example i load gsx up and despite my afcad changes and the changes using the GSX tool in p3d it still gives me Jet and BMI. BMI have nothing to do with Leeds Bradford what so ever? So could you please advise me to make this change. I dont wish tyo use Jet or BMI. As well as that some gates it just chooses random airlines for example China Airlines handling? I don't understand and i have tried everything.

Your support would mean a lot.

Kind Regards,

Airbus Pilot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How can i choose my proffered handling company?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 11:56:39 am »
I have being trying to get Swissport to work at UK2000 Leeds. I have edited the afcad for the scenery and added the appropriate codes for swissport. For example i load gsx up and despite my afcad changes and the changes using the GSX tool in p3d it still gives me Jet and BMI. BMI have nothing to do with Leeds Bradford what so ever?

You are making a lot of work for nothing. The current GSX version have the ability to set an operator WITHOUT touching the scenery AFCAD, by simply adding it your preferred operator in the "airline codes" field in the parking customization dialog.

Of course, I assume you ARE using the *current* GSX version, otherwise the option won't be there, since it has been added fairly recently.

As well as that some gates it just chooses random airlines for example China Airlines handling? I don't understand and i have tried everything.

If it happens at some gates only, it's possible the scenery designer has flagged some non-cargo parking as cargo, so if you go there with a non-cargo airplane, GSX won't know what to do. Which is why, the current version lets you override the parking type too.

Airbuspilot

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 12:23:50 pm »
Thank you for your response,

I have the current version with the new fuel truck. When I add my airline codes to try and trigger Swissport

I have put "MON,TOM,TCX" despite changing the codes I either have random airlines handalers or I only have the option of jet2 and BMI. I can't figure out where it's pulling the data for it to use Only jet2 and BMI.

I shall double check that the gates am using are indeed gates and not cargo ramps.

Awaiting your response!

Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 01:01:45 pm »
I have the current version with the new fuel truck. When I add my airline codes to try and trigger Swissport

I have put "MON,TOM,TCX" despite changing the codes I either have random airlines handalers or I only have the option of jet2 and BMI.

That's to be expected. You placed codes for MON = ( Monarch not existing in GSX), TOM ( Thomson, not existing in GSX ) and TCX ( T. Cook ) so, how do you expect to see Swissport ?

If you wanted Swissport, you should have inserted the Swissport code, which is _SWP, as you can see checking the Couatl.atc_parking_codes line in the SIM.CFG for any one vehicle (the staircase, for example).