Author Topic: FSDT airports dsappearing after the first time I load P3D  (Read 3115 times)

mistyblue

FSDT airports dsappearing after the first time I load P3D
« on: December 23, 2016, 02:00:50 am »
I'm having the weirdest thing going on and can't figure it out.  I just rebuilt my PC with a new M.2 SSD.  I reinstalled P3D in C:\Prepar3D v3 (current version 3.4.18 as of today) and proceeded to reinstall my FSDT products.  First time I load the sim, the airports are there.  Second time, they are gone.

I'll use KDFW as an example.  I first installed the latest KDFW installer then the latest Addon Manager last.  When I go to KDFW in the sim it is there.  I exit the sim, reopen it and go back to KDFW.  Poof, it's gone.  Jetways are there, but all textures, airport buildings, etc have vanished.  Addon manager menu is there and showing KDFW installed and active.

This seems to be happening on all my FSDT products.  I even did a full uninstall of FSDT to include Coatl and reinstalled.  Same thing.  First time the airport is there.  Next time it is not.

I deactivated my antivirus the second time around to make sure it isn't interfering and same result.  Checked it was active in the scenery library as the highest entry.  Disabled in the scenery library and re-enabled.  Nada.  I also excluded the P3D directory from antivirus scanning.  Didn't make a difference.

Any idea what I could be missing?

Tony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT airports dsappearing after the first time I load P3D
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 02:07:09 am »
Check with the Task Manager if you still have the Couatl.exe running after you close the sim.

mistyblue

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 03:43:42 am »
Thanks.  Well, after a couple of reboots it seems to be working now.  If it happens again I'll check for Couatl.exe running and report back.

FYI, the download speeds are terribly slow when reinstalling.  Like 25-35 KB/s.  Taking a really long time to reinstall everything.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 11:14:22 am »
FYI, the download speeds are terribly slow when reinstalling.  Like 25-35 KB/s. 

Lots of people are downloading the update right now. And consider we don't even host the larger full installers downloads themselves, just the Live Update data, otherwise our two servers would surely have crashed.

mistyblue

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 02:05:45 am »
Well, I am stumped.  Having the problem again and can't figure it out.  Couatl is not appearing under the Addons menu as it should, but it is running in the task menu after I start P3D.  And when I close P3D it closes Couatl.  Any other ideas?

UPDATE:  Looks like it may have been due to a DLL that was loading for scenery design testing purposes.  Using Sim Starter I was able to disable the DLL's one by one until I figured it out.  *I think*.  So many variables in software it's sometimes a real pain to isolate the one causing the issues, especially if you have a lot of addons :/
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 03:22:03 am by mistyblue »