Author Topic: GSX still not installing **SOLVED**  (Read 3340 times)

Esub2016

GSX still not installing **SOLVED**
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:04:24 pm »
Hello,

I know I posted about this earlier this year or last year but the problem still exists. Last week, I updated to the latest GSX with the addon manager. As it was installing the features at the end of the specific feature it said not installed then the last thing it said was GSX not installed. Why? How can I fix the problem? Should I remove it from my programs? What can I do to fix the issue? The couati and gsx menu I believe is under addons in the fsx menu bar.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Greg
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 02:39:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX still not installing
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 10:27:17 pm »
Last week, I updated to the latest GSX with the addon manager.

Depending how old your existing GSX installation was, updating it with just the Addon Manager might not have been enough.

If your existing installation was older than June 1st, as indicated on the release notes (which can be displayed from the update notification), you had to download the full GSX installer.

Note that, as it happens, we JUST updated GSX again now, and the today's update ALSO requires the latest full installer, as the release notes are indicating:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

It's always best to check the release notes when prompted to.

As it was installing the features at the end of the specific feature it said not installed then the last thing it said was GSX not installed.

I'm sorry, but this sentence is not very clear. It's not even clear what your problem is. Maybe you THINK there's an error, because you saw some progress messages saying "not installed" ?

But those are not errors: the installer is simply telling that, since you don't have a product installed, there's no reason to download an updated file for it, so it's skipping it. For example, when it tried to update the Python code for, let's say, XPOI, if you don't have XPOI installed, it wouldn't make much sense if it tried to update it, wouldn't it ?

So, before doing anything else, try the current full installer, which has been just updated today.

Esub2016

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:55:54 pm »
Ok, i'll uninstall then install the new version. Keep you posted!

Esub2016

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:33:03 pm »
Well, last night I tried to uninstall it but could not find GSX in programs anywhere, also looked in the FSDT folder in FSX and all that is in there is the Couati. What should I do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 12:55:55 am »
Well, last night I tried to uninstall it but could not find GSX in programs anywhere, also looked in the FSDT folder in FSX and all that is in there is the Couati. What should I do?

GSX, like any other Windows program out there, can be uninstalled from the "Programs and features" option in the Windows Control Panel. It's under "Fsdreamteam GSX".

If you don't have it there, it means you never installed to begin with, or uninstalled it already, and forgot to reinstall it.

But that's not really the point. If you just run the updated installer (the FULL GSX Installer NOT just the Addon Manager), it will surely work in any case, no need to Uninstall it first.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 12:58:14 am by virtuali »

Esub2016

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 09:59:20 pm »
Ok thanks. I'll try this later.

Esub2016

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 01:59:26 am »
That worked. Thank you!