Author Topic: bglmanx FSX-SE not opening  (Read 6800 times)

etops

bglmanx FSX-SE not opening
« on: December 14, 2016, 10:09:03 pm »
Hello guys, I already did a search in the forum, tried to check the dll.xml, tried to install simconnect again and nothing help me get rid of this message in the opening of FSX. Just coming from FSX box, so I doesn't have much add-ons installed. Actually, the fist one was GSX. Any hints?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: bglmanx FSX-SE not opening
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 09:20:52 am »
The message it's just an FSX bug, the problem has obviously nothing wrong, but it's a generic message that appears every time the simulator cannot load a module, usually because of wrong settings and/or missing/corrupted system libraries in your system.

The first thing to try is to reinstall GSX, since our installer automatically clears up a flag in the registry that removes that message for the next session.

If that doesn't fix it, be sure you haven't set any Compatibility flags in FSX, like XP or Vista under Windows 8/10, etc

If that doesn't fix it, the problem is most likely Simconnect not correct installed. In order to run Simconnect, it's not enough to install Simconnect itself (our installer will do that automatically), but you also need the Visual C++ 2005 SP1 libraries correctly installed, which are required by Simconnect itself.

This thread indicates all the known possible issues and solutions:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

Look especially for #2 and #3

etops

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 10:50:14 am »
Just did all the items and still getting the message..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 11:04:46 am »
Just did all the items and still getting the message..

I'm sorry, but these are all the known solutions.  Check this thread here, for a clarification of the registry key involved:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13998.msg105510.html#msg105510

etops

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 12:27:34 pm »
Well, i think that my registry of FSX SE is really messed up. Initially I've installed both of them. But shortly after I get rid of box edition. I tried to delete the 10 in fsx steam as a saw in the post you quoted, but it was created again. How can I fix this?

EDIT. Put everything from FSX folders to FSX-SE folders and manually edit the xml and exe. Same error message. And it keeps creating FSX folder after some installations in appdata/roaming... What a nightmare!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 04:24:37 pm by etops »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 07:23:23 pm »
Well, i think that my registry of FSX SE is really messed up. Initially I've installed both of them. But shortly after I get rid of box edition. I tried to delete the 10 in fsx steam as a saw in the post you quoted, but it was created again. How can I fix this?

Yes, your FSX:SE registry is totally wrong. If you removed FSX, you must do ALL the following:

- Remove the "10.0" folder under the FSX-SE registry key

- Change the value of the "Co-Existence" key in the FSX-SE registry to 0

- REINSTALL GSX

etops

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2016, 07:41:47 pm »
Can't find this "Co-Existence" key in my registry.. Sorry to keep bothering you, but I'm dealing with this problem since last week and I can't use KLAS, KLAX, KDFW, GSX,CYVR, KORD.. And right now you are the only helpe i have.. The only entries I've got is that on the pictures..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 07:48:00 pm by etops »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2016, 07:52:32 pm »
Can't find this "Co-Existence" key in my registry..

Since you said:

I tried to delete the 10 in fsx steam as a saw in the post you quoted, but it was created again

This clearly indicates you DO have the Co-existence mistakenly set to 1.

As I've said, it's in the FSX:SE registry folder, the one that CONTAINS the "10.0" folder you are supposed to remove. DO NOT confuse it with the FSX registry folder which, instead, SHOULD contain the "10.0" folder, and SHOULD NOT contain the "Co-existence" key.

etops

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2016, 08:31:59 pm »
Sorry, English is not my mother language.. I'm trying to understand this.

Before, what I did is to right click on this "10 folder" you see in the picture I sent and delete it from registry. But when I install the GSX again it came back. I never saw this co-existence file. Whats the path to it? is it in the registry or in a folder in my PC?

EDIT. It should be there? (picture)
I google it, and if I understand it correctly it should be there..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 11:51:45 pm by etops »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 07:13:56 am »
I google it, and if I understand it correctly it should be there..

Yes. It seems your FSX registry key was somehow copied into the FSX:SE one. You are supposed to have 3 keys there:

Co-Existence, which is a DWORD and (if you don't have FSX anymore) is supposed to be 0
FirstTime, which is a DWORD and (if you ran FSX:SE at least once) is supposed to be 0
Language, which is a String, and it's usually "ENU" (for English language FSX)

You might try creating those.

etops

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 09:52:54 am »
How can I create them?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 10:30:17 am »
Right-click on the empty area in REGEDIT where you need to create a key, select the kind of key you want to create (that's why I indicated which kind every key is supposed to be), and then set it to the correct value.

etops

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 11:32:48 am »
Ok. I must keep the other entries?  I can't figure out how to create that last one. "Language". Couldn't translate that propely. I don't know witch option I choose. What line I must select? (picture 2)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 12:17:27 pm »
I can't figure out how to create that last one. "Language". Couldn't translate that propely. I don't know witch option I choose. What line I must select? (picture 2)

It's a character string, so I guess it's the 2nd option.

etops

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »
OK, so that's the final result. Can I try to reinstall my FSDT products now?

EDIT: Thank you SO MUCH for your help. Now everything works just fine! Thanks for your patience!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 03:48:08 pm by etops »