Author Topic: No pushback after reset  (Read 3515 times)

Just Caliber

No pushback after reset
« on: November 28, 2016, 08:00:09 pm »
No sure if this has been brought up before, but this is one of the things that I hate about GSX (love/hate relationship) When I have to edit the gate that I am on, and then load GSX and then load all my stuff, and then go to pushback, nothing happens. I push Read for pushback but the window goes away and nothing happens. It is VERY frustrating after you've spent 15 minutes loading baggages cans that have your airline on the side and you are flying to another airport that doesn't have your airline ground service. I end up with Air China instead of Air Canada or something.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No pushback after reset
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 08:52:47 pm »
It's always best if you always Restart Couatl after editing a parking.

Just Caliber

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 08:03:21 pm »
I do that too but still no option to pushback when selected.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 09:30:06 am »
I do that too but still no option to pushback when selected.

Have you correct set the Pushback direction ?

Many 3rd party designers simply forget to set a preference, and leave it to "None", because this is the default from the popular ADE utility. However, you should see AT LEAST the option to have a Straight pushback, not just "nothing".

If you don't even have the straight pushback, that's simply shouldn't happen so, please, clearly indicate ALL the following:

- The scenery used. If it's not default or FSDT, help identify the scenery and, possibly, give reproducible steps with a default or FSDT scenery. Not because GSX doesn't work well with 3rd party sceneries, since it obviously does, but simply because, if you suspect a bug, we can test it more easily this way.

- The gate used

- The airplane used

It is VERY frustrating after you've spent 15 minutes loading baggages cans that have your airline on the side and you are flying to another airport that doesn't have your airline ground service

If you are editing the parking just for this reason, it's not the correct way of solving this issue. The proper way to always have ULDs with your own livery, is to edit the atc_parking_code of your AIRPLANE.CFG, because the parking code of the parking, is used ONLY as a "backup", if there's no parking code in the airplane.

But if you add the airline livery to the aircraft.cfg (something the airplane developer should have done), GSX will read that by preference, so you won't have to edit ANY parkings to begin with.

Rikypara

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 06:13:17 pm »
I had almost the same issue.
Naples (LIRN) - Napulevola scenery - stand 13.
Requested pushback and noticed there was only straight possibility. So pressed CTRL-F12, edited inserting left and right, after editing was completed I pressed request pushback but the menu didn't appear.
After closing FSX and reopening, pushback was again available and also left/right possibility

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 07:38:23 pm »
After closing FSX and reopening, pushback was again available and also left/right possibility

As I've said in one of my previous reply, it's always best if you always Restart Couatl after editing a parking.

Restarting FSX is entirely unnecessary, since the parking customization doesn't require to refresh a .BGL (which would require an FSX restart), so a Couatl restart it's enough.

Just Caliber

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 04:59:24 am »
I know at Imagine Sims SIN the only pushback is the straight pushback and I am fully aware of this so I set it to both before I even request any sort of ground service whatsoever. And this is with any aircraft. 330, 777, 320 anything

The last time this happened, I was at Aerosofts AMS in the PMDG 777 and I went into the settings at set gate to gate has jetways. Rebuilt the cache and then started my boarding process. Ready for departure, no option. I his ready for departure and the window just disappeared. Also this happens sometimes when the di-icing trucks are around.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 09:07:54 am »
The last time this happened, I was at Aerosofts AMS in the PMDG 777 and I went into the settings at set gate to gate has jetways.

As I've said:

If it's not default or FSDT, help identify the scenery and, possibly, give reproducible steps with a default or FSDT scenery. Not because GSX doesn't work well with 3rd party sceneries, since it obviously does, but simply because, if you suspect a bug, we can test it more easily this way.

Also, to be sure there are no problems with the airplane configuration, in case you edited it, try to "Reset" the plane configuration, so it will revert to the one that comes with GSX.