Author Topic: control menu gsx  (Read 5913 times)

matmat59

control menu gsx
« on: November 27, 2016, 08:41:46 pm »
Hello my name is matthieu .

I have a home cockpit 737 .  se my cockpit here  : http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/viewtopic.php?id=62951&p=5

and I want to use gsx with a numeric keypad.
Because in my home cockpit I do not have a keyboard but just a numeric keypad.

I command the display of the menu with sioc by simulating CTRL F12. But it is impossible to choose 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 on the menu on the screen.

Is it possible to use the menu with the numeric keypad?
Because otherwise I have to use a wireless mouse that is not realistic.

Thank you for your feedback .

Matthieu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: control menu gsx
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:39:33 am »
Is it possible to use the menu with the numeric keypad?

That doesn't depends on GSX at all. What you are looking at, is not a "GSX menu", it's the standard in-game menu with multiple numeric choices, so it's a core sim function, which is shared between all 3rd party addons that have a menu. We don't have any control over the method used to select a choice, which can be either a mouse or a menu.

The sim expects to press numbers key from 1 to 0 ( 0 = 10 ), on the regular keyboard so, it's up to your numeric pad to be configured to emit those keys. If it's a programmable keypad which let you choose any key, it should be possible using its software.

If it's just a standard numeric keypad, like those use externally on notebooks, it's probably not possible, since a number on the keyboard and a number on the keypad, are not the same thing.

matmat59

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 12:21:58 pm »
Thank you for your feedback ,

But with my little numeric keyboard I managed to control the menu AI traffic of fsx from 0 to 10 "no problem" 

But I can not do it with the menu gsx.

I am obliged to use my keyboard with the keyboard key     & é '' (- è _ ç à.

In your configuration menu, you can not change the keys ...
Only that of Ctrl F12. This is really a shame.

It must have a way to change these keys ??

cordially

Matthew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 01:14:24 pm »
But with my little numeric keyboard I managed to control the menu AI traffic of fsx from 0 to 10 "no problem"  

You mean the "ATC menu" ? That's ANOTHER menu, which might be handled differently by the sim.

But I can not do it with the menu gsx.

That's NOT a "GSX menu"!!! It's the standard 3rd party addons menu, also known as "Simconnect menu", so it's NOT anything that GSX has any control over it, except to choose the names of the choices.

In your configuration menu, you can not change the keys ... Only that of Ctrl F12. This is really a shame.

Obviously because, as I've said, it's NOT a "GSX menu"!!! It's the Simconnect menu, shared between all the 3rd party applications, that don't have ANY way to decide how to handle keys, and how to reassign them.

That's why you cannot find a way to configure it in the GSX keys, for the following two reasons:

1) It would be wrong that GSX would try to change an assignment which is common for every 3rd party in-game menu.

AND

2) Even if we could do that, it's not even possible, since the sim doesn't give 3rd party applications a way to redefine such keys.

As I've said, your only option is that your keypad would issue exactly the same key codes AS IF they were the numbers on the regular keyboard (no the numeric pad). If your keypad allows you to do that, it will surely work.