Author Topic: aircraft config for MD-11C  (Read 2543 times)

airlinetycoon

aircraft config for MD-11C
« on: November 17, 2016, 10:39:15 am »
Hi,
when I start GSX for this special aircraft model MD-11C, gsx use the config for the MD-11F. The maindeck cargo door is located at the aft and not at the front. Every change of the highloader-position, will change the config for all MD11 freighters (Fedex, Lufthansa etc. repaints) and the positioning is wrong.

Is there any possibility to create an individual config for the MD-11C?

http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161117/cj7tdi8t.jpg
http://fs5.directupload.net/images/161117/8nzod5k7.jpg
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:48:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: aircraft config for MD-11C
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 03:56:19 pm »
GSX looks for the airplane folder and, as a general rule, if you have two models with incompatible doors, it's wrong to share the same aircraft.cfg, because the [Exits] section will surely be different, and this won't affect just GSX. Because of this, GSX correctly assume an airplane variant with different exits, should alway have its own aircraft.cfg, and thus stays in its separate folder.

So, the easiest solution would be moving the MD-11C variant into its own folder, and use aliases to reference all the rest of its files (gauges, textures, panels, etc ) in order not to duplicate any files.

Once the plane has its own separate folder, if you already made a GSX configuration which works for it, it would be enough to rename the airplane folder name under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes to match the new folder name you created for the MD11-C variant in the Simobjects\Airplanes folder, so GSX will apply it to the variant only.

airlinetycoon

Re: aircraft config for MD-11C
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 10:17:59 am »
Dear Umberto,
many thanks for the quick reply. I have already suspected that it is aircraft-folder dependent. The MD-11C in a own Folder copy works with GSX, however, then the Loadmanager no longer works. For me I found following solution: I load the aircraft with the Loadeditor and save. Then I rename the MD-11F Folder into MD-11C. Now GSX uses the correct gsx.cfg.

It is an interesting feature that PMDG has donated to the MD11. Both variants have been installed in the same aircraft.mdl. The trigger is the name of the texture folder. If a "_A" is inserted in the name, the cargo door appears at the rear, if not, then always in front. In reality, only 5 MD-11Cs were built. All were handed over to Alitalia. Two are flying at Centurion Air Cargo, one at FedEx, one is stored (Martinair) and one has already been shredded. So you will see very rarely an MD-11C in the sky.
Thanks for the support!