Author Topic: Product Downloads  (Read 2816 times)

gd44

Product Downloads
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:33:03 am »
Good Evening,

I've just recently performed a clean install of my Windows setup and forgot to backup a couple of Sceneries.

When I select a product for download it won't start. I just want to confirm the links are up working? Is there a a mirror download available?

Regards,

Gregg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Product Downloads
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 09:00:44 am »
All downloads are working and nobody has reported a problem with them these days either. Check your antivirus, firewall, etc. to be sure the link are not mistakenly blocked.

We host all downloads on Mediafire, and it's possible that some ISP MIGHT block it at their own end, because the rely on global "blacklists" that, because someone uploaded pirated games/movies on it, the blocked the whole domain. We had a couple of reports that BT did that, and I see you are from the UK, so that might be a possible reason.

Also, try to reset your browser cache, and/or remove all cookies from Mediafire.com, or try with another browser.

gd44

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:24:57 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

Coincidently I have recently just changed ISP to BT and having done some research it appears that BT do indeed block all access to Mediafire.

This leaves me wondering how I can access the products I have already purchased or indeed, how I may make further purchases in the future?

Regards,

Gregg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 03:44:21 pm »
This leaves me wondering how I can access the products I have already purchased or indeed, how I may make further purchases in the future?

Complain about this with your ISP, since they are clearly doing something wrong, and I'd say even illegal: blocking a whole domain, because it's too difficult/costly for them to verify each and every single copyright claim. Is as if they blocked YouTube because someone uploaded a pirated movie.

It's your ISP responsibility to provide you with a proper internet connection: Mediafire it's a legit company which we have a business account with, so it's their fault if they find difficult/inconvenient to make a *proper* handling of copyright infractions.

What you can do, in the meantime, is to use a VPN service, like this one:

https://www.hotspotshield.com/

This has been proven useful for users coming from countries that applies internet censorship, to download our products.