Author Topic: GSX not recogniing FSX:SE DLC airport AFCADs  (Read 3134 times)

The_MATT_H

GSX not recogniing FSX:SE DLC airport AFCADs
« on: September 17, 2016, 11:25:21 pm »
Hello,

I have recently bought FSAddon's Ben Gurion from the FSX:SE DLC Store. It appears GSX is not able to recognize the addon airport's AFCAD, and is instead using the default AFCAD.

The path of the AFCAD being used is: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\0702\scenery\APX572000

The path of the AFCAD that should be used is: C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\DLC\352230\FSaddon\BenGurionX2\scenery\AFX_LLBGade

This is shown in the log, as when I load up the airport, the default AFCAD is loaded.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 11:36:16 pm by The_MATT_H »

The_MATT_H

Re: GSX not recogniing FSX:SE DLC airport AFCADs
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 11:38:59 pm »
Here is the log, any help would be appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 10:50:17 am »
The log show that .BGL doesn't exists in that folder, as if it wasn't a proper .BGL.

I don't know how FSX:Steam DLC sceneries are made but, could be it's made using a non-standard (it might be encrypted ? ) format ? Cannot say for sure, without looking at the actual file.

The_MATT_H

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 03:57:42 pm »
I have attached the .BGL to this reply. Thanks for your help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 12:59:52 pm »
I have attached the .BGL to this reply. Thanks for your help!

As I've suspected, that .BGL is not using the standard .BGL format: I guess it's probably encrypted.

This means, it will never be possible to use it with GSX, or any other utility (maps, flight planners, etc.) that might need to read the AFCAD data, and of course you won't even be able to edit it yourself using ADE or AFX.

There's just nothing we can do to fix this, your only option is to contact the original scenery developer, and ask if they can supply you with an unencrypted .BGL, possibly suggesting that, if they want to use file encryption (we use it too, for some files), it's not a good idea to encrypt the AFCAD file too.