Author Topic: choice of ground handlers.  (Read 10655 times)

raman93

• For configuration information of FSX;see signature
choice of ground handlers.
« on: September 12, 2016, 06:14:48 pm »
could you please advice on what conditions do i get an option to select the ground handling services?
and on what condition gsx selects a random ground handling services?
Following is the configuration of FSX and GSX.
1.FSX STEAM EDITION
2.REX extreme with overdrive installed.
3.REX World Wide Airport HD texture installed
3.Using default airport scenery across all airports in FSX.
4. GSX has been updated to the latest version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: choice of ground handlers.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2016, 08:23:56 am »
could you please advice on what conditions do i get an option to select the ground handling services?

When there are more than 1 candidate with the same score at that parking on that specific airport.

and on what condition gsx selects a random ground handling services?

Normally, it shouldn't. But there might be a condition when this could happen:

In latest versions, we added the distinction between cargo and non-cargo companies, so you won't have unrealistic situations of having passenger companies on cargo parkings.

However, there's a new fad going around with some developers, that flags *everything* as cargo or military cargo, most likely to get rid of default ground vehicles, something that might have been achieved using the "ga ramp" type, in order to preserve the difference between cargo and non-cargo. In this situation, you'll probably get random operators.

Which is why, we added also the ability to override the parking TYPE too, so you can restore the proper parking type, without having to edit the scenery AFCAD.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 09:05:13 am by virtuali »

raman93

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 08:58:44 am »
greetings,
I went through other posts in forum regarding the ground handlers. And many of the people have various doubts related to the operators. I would advise you to publish a manual regarding the logic and the way the ground handling system is operated in GSX .This would solve many of people queries without having to post in forum.
thanks,
1.FSX STEAM EDITION

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 09:02:37 am »
I would advise you to publish a manual regarding the logic and the way the ground handling system is operated in GSX .This would solve many of people queries without having to post in forum.

The PainKit documentation, which has been published since GSX has been released, explains in more detail how the operator scoring system works.

raman93

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 09:03:55 am »
Greetings,
Thank you for the prompt response.
1.FSX STEAM EDITION

raman93

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 10:28:38 am »
Greetings,
i was unable to understand the reason (after going through the posts in forum) why random ground services appear in some airport.I use the default airports for all. I realize that the operator does not depend upon the aircraft parked. GSX was purchased 3 days ago.
.eg in airport MYGF i get jet airways or swissport or other , but not the one who actually services in that airport. i realize that we can change it manually to the one we want , but why does it not automatically use the ground service provider who actually services in that airport?
please elaborate on this.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 10:38:45 am by raman93 »
1.FSX STEAM EDITION

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2016, 12:27:32 pm »
i was unable to understand the reason (after going through the posts in forum) why random ground services appear in some airport.

Re-read my post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14346.msg105744.html#msg105744

It it happens on a default airport too, try with the update file I've posted here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14302.msg105651.html#msg105651

raman93

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 01:34:32 pm »
However, there's a new fad going around with some developers, that flags *everything* as cargo or military cargo, most likely to get rid of default ground vehicles, something that might have been achieved using the "ga ramp" type, in order to preserve the difference between cargo and non-cargo. In this situation, you'll probably get random operators

when i see the parking editor option , the doalog box shows the correct parking type for the location.I even tried changing to various parking type to see whether the correct ground service provider comes, but every time is just some other provider.please advise , what should i do to enable gsx to provide me the correct ground handler everytime AUTOMATICALLY ,for all airports across fsx (without me having to edit the parking editor for may airports)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 01:45:14 pm by raman93 »
1.FSX STEAM EDITION

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2016, 04:06:51 pm »
when i see the parking editor option , the doalog box shows the correct parking type for the location.

Then your problem is not the cargo/non-cargo type issue, but the 2nd one, for which I provided a possible solution in my previous post. Since you don't say if you tried that, I'll post it again:

Try with the update file I've posted here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14302.msg105651.html#msg105651

raman93

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2016, 04:09:13 pm »
Greeting,
sorry for incomplete answerer.
i copied the file as said , but things remain same.
eg at present vietnam airlines is providing services at nassau (MYNN).bahamas
please check in your fsx what services you get and advise.
Chittagong airport (bangladesh) is serviced by singapore airlines,spice jet etc.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 04:22:23 pm by raman93 »
1.FSX STEAM EDITION

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »
I found the cause of this problem for me at least.

If I edited any gsx airport info such as changing the jetway or other airport settings in the options menu, and then requested services, the ground handling comes back randomly in different airlines around the planet.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:17:48 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 09:54:45 pm »
eg at present vietnam airlines is providing services at nassau (MYNN).bahamas please check in your fsx what services you get and advise.

I have Bahamas Air at MYNN, Gate G3, default airport, default 737.

Chittagong airport (bangladesh) is serviced by singapore airlines,spice jet etc.

I'm being offered a choice between Indigo, Jet Airways and Spice jet at VGEG, Parking 1, which seems to be right.

triflyman

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2016, 10:27:53 pm »
Similar...but different issue.

I am only asked what service provider I want about half the time.  The other times GSX just randomly provides one from around the world.  I use mostly CalClassic scenery at all airports.   Does not seem to matter what aircraft I use and doesn't seem to matter the airport.  One time at KSLC (as an example), it will give me a choice and the next time there it will not.  Usually, after landing, when I call for the "follow me" vehicle, I will get asked for the service provider I want...but if I'm just starting a flight and ask for any service...I don't get a choice.

Any ideas of what I need to do.

Thanks
Garry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2016, 11:06:39 pm »
If I edited any gsx airport info such as changing the jetway or other airport settings in the options menu, and then requested services, the ground handling comes back randomly in different airlines around the planet.

Thanks for this report, it allowed us to find a problem in the editor, when you customized something, on an airport with no airline codes, without touching the airline codes, thus leaving them blank as they were: it would have ignored all the default GSX settings, and have "everybody" at score zero.

Try the attached file, to be placed in the FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Common folder, which should fix this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:21:17 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 03:46:34 pm »
Thank you ! This has fixed it, and I can select catering services again. I forgot that had not been prompted for me at some airports including JFK but the screen is back again after this replacement file. Maybe this can fix the freezing since selecting my arrival gate and then before it gets to the selection of ground handling it froze so it could be something in that problem? I'll find out at landing in 3 hrs.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 12:42:26 pm by virtuali »