Author Topic: Do activation codes, serial numbers expire?  (Read 3497 times)

doublebubble

Do activation codes, serial numbers expire?
« on: September 09, 2016, 02:52:45 am »
I've had to do a complete reinstall of windows and everything flightsim, I've been trying for hours to activate my sceneries through the addon manager and go through the steps required and it continues to reply that my serial numbers are invalid, one question, is the ID number my serial number? as I can't see anything beginning with the letters "ID", do my serial numbers need to be re-activated? if so how does this happen? the seneries involved are FSDT KLAX V2, Vancouver and GSX, firewall and AV are both deactivated and I do have an internet connection, nothing seems to work, please advise.

Rod.

pcubine

Re: Do activation codes, serial numbers expire?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 07:40:22 am »
The serial number begins with FSDT(Airport ICAO Code). Thus Los Angles would be FSDTKLAX at the beginning. Your are probably trying to activate with the Order Number which begins with ST.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 07:48:50 am by pcubine »
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 11:35:23 am »
one question, is the ID number my serial number?

That's your problem: you are confusing the installation id with the Serial Number. In the "Register Serial" dialog you should enter your Serial Number only, and the Addon Manager will even prompt you the starting letters ( for example, "FSDTKLAX-" ), so it's obvious what you should enter here.

Now, if you have correctly turned off ALL your security software (antivirus AND firewall), there should be nothing else to do, and the product will activate online automatically.

If the program still suggest to do a web-based activation, because you were unable/unwilling to turn off all your security software, so the activation server couldn't be reached from FSX, you can do a web-based activation.

Use the "Register Serial" dialog and insert your Serial Number. If the activation server cannot be contacted (for the above reasons, caused by firewall/antivirus), the program will prompt to do an offline activation. Reply YES.

In the next screen, select this option:

1. Activate using a web browser on this computer

When you are prompted to click on the activate.esellerate.net link, the installation id is already pre-filled. Don't touch it, just press the Submit button. After you pressed the Submit button, the activation site will give you a code, the Activation Key. Go back in the sim, and select this option:

3. I already have an Activation Key and would like to activate now

Insert the Activation Key, as requested.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 11:59:24 pm by virtuali »

doublebubble

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 11:17:15 pm »
Thanks Umberto, 1. Activate using a web browser on this computer worked like a charm, thankyou for making the process clearer.

Cheers Rod.