Author Topic: GSX 1.9.9.5 Installation Problem  (Read 9142 times)

Klausz

GSX 1.9.9.5 Installation Problem
« on: September 05, 2016, 06:44:28 pm »
First time posting here, if I'm posting incorrectly, simply let me know, I really want my GSX working again.

Basically, after reinstalling FSX-SE, I wanted to reinstall GSX to the newest updated version since I haven't in some time. Problem is that after installation, FSX-SE doesn't seem to be recognizing GSX, Addon-Manager, or Couatl, just that new SODE program that came along. I have tried to reinstall multiple times with anti-virus turned off, Defender excluding the correct programs, deleting sim connect, reinstalling simconnect, but still nothing. Here is what's noteworthy during installation:

-The SODE windows were new for me, it would say configuring SODE in one window, and then I had to register and activating FS in another. I could only proceed forward with installation if I closed the SODE registration tab, after I pressed register and activate. I don't know why but it would let me register both FSX and FSX-SE as if they were seperate, but they are in the same location. However, since SODE popped up in the addons tab in FSX, I don't think there is a problem here but if it looks like I did something wrong, let me know.
- A lot of Python support files were not installed and I don't know if that's important but it didn't seem right. However, after a lot of these files were not installed, it then proceeds to say "Python support file for LiveUpdate\_init_,pye is the most current version".
-Finally, when installation is almost done, it says "The product the file model.cfg belongs to is not installed, no need to download it". Yes, that's exactly how it is written. After it installation finishes and claims it is installed. It is in my programs, but not being found by FSX.

Any help is appreciated, I want this addon running again.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 09:35:03 pm by Klausz »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 1.9.9 Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 06:58:03 pm »
Problem is that after installation, FSX-SE doesn't seem to be recognizing GSX, Addon-Manager, or Couatl, just that new SODE program that came along.

Your FSX:SE registry key is probably wrong. The typical mistake, is to have BOTH the FSX:SE and FSX registry keys pointing to the same folder, which is wrong.

If you have only FSX:SE installed, it should use the FSX registry key, and the FSX:SE registry key shouldn't point to anything.

-The SODE windows were new for me, it would say configuring SODE in one window, and then I had to register and activating FS in another. I could only proceed forward with installation if I closed the SODE registration tab, after I pressed register and activate. I don't know why but it would let me register both FSX and FSX-SE as if they were seperate, but they are in the same location.

Which confirms what I've said. The SODE installer is seeing two separate sim, but they aren't.

- A lot of Python support files were not installed and I don't know if that's important but it didn't seem right. However, after a lot of these files were not installed, it then proceeds to say "Python support file for LiveUpdate\_init_,pye is the most current version". -Finally, when installation is almost done, it says "The product the file model.cfg belongs to is not installed, no need to download it". Yes, that's exactly how it is written.

And it means exactly what it says: there's no need to install such files, since the product they are related to is not installed. None of these are "errors", it's what you are supposing to see, unless you have ALL the FSDT products installed, so it will download and update everything.

Are you SURE you are using the most CURRENT version of the installer, which is NOT 1.9.9, as the subjects of this thread says, but it's 1.9.9.5, and the file date (check the date of the digital signature), should be August 26th, 2016.

The current version of the installer SHOULD be able to deal with the mistake of having both the FSX and FSX:SE keys pointing to the same folder, see here for an explanation and a confirmation from the affected user that this has been fixed in the latest installer:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14280.0.html

Klausz

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 09:00:45 pm »
Alright, I have checked the signature, this is the correct installer and my bad it was for 1.9.9.5. I got the SODE to stop detecting 2 FSXs. However I got mixed up in the registry and deleted the regular FSX path (this is extremely embarassing, thought the FSX-SE was the one that was needed) aswell as the folder from the correct one. Is there any way to reset that or did I just corner myself?  If I run the installer I have to locate the folder myself. Installation goes on, but still nothing GSX related is being detected.

Klausz

Re: GSX 1.9.9.5 Installation Problem
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 01:52:09 am »
Right now, the apppath location is in the Flight Simulator- Steam Edition key. Every other addon (outside of this company) seems to be able to find it and work correctly so is it still registry problem that's the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 01:36:02 pm »
I got the SODE to stop detecting 2 FSXs.

Which clearly indicated the registry was wrong to begin with.

Every other addon (outside of this company) seems to be able to find it and work correctly so is it still registry problem that's the problem?

That's just because most of addons have much simpler installers that only detect FSX, so they rely on the FSX:SE registry key being in "FSX mode", which is how most of the installers work, but they wouldn't support a proper Dual-installation.

Instead, our installer is more correct, because it correctly detects FSX:SE stand-alone and FSX:SE installed together with FSX, but then it REQUIRES that ALL registry keys are CORRECT and not messed with.

This post here resumes how the registry keys are supposed to be, in the two different cases:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13998.msg105549.html#msg105549

Klausz

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2016, 03:13:16 pm »
Alright, I understand, however in that registry path, I only have Flight Simulator- Steam Edition, and the apppath in there. I don't have a folder (or key) for the non Steam edition flight simulator. Is there a way I can add it back?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2016, 03:56:48 pm »
Alright, I understand, however in that registry path, I only have Flight Simulator- Steam Edition, and the apppath in there.

I don't think you understood. That's PRECISELY the problem!!! I know is counter-intuitive, but if you have ONLY FSX:SE, you are NOT supposed to have the 10.0 folder with the Apppath key there. This is AN ERROR! When FSX:SE is installed alone, it uses ONLY the FSX registry keys to indicate the AppPath.

The FSX:SE key with the AppPath value, should be there ONLY when you have BOTH FSX and FSX:SE installed together, in two different paths.

Please re-read my post carefully:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13998.msg105549.html#msg105549

Klausz

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 01:28:27 am »
My bad if something was unclear. I know what the problem is and I know what it is supposed to look like, but attached is my situation:
I don't have the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\" key AT ALL. Only the Steam edition which you can see in the attachment. I am asking if there is a way to fix that so I can have both keys, and then correct it the way you said it your post so that the "10.0" is only in the FSX registry key and not in the FSX:SE key.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 05:07:03 pm »
I don't have the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\" key AT ALL

And this is the problem, exactly!! That's why I'm trying to say. If you don't have FSX installed together with FSX:SE, you should have that key!!!

But just to be sure, are you SURE you have ONLY FSX:SE installed and NO FSX ?

Klausz

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 05:12:39 pm »
I am sure I don't have regular FS installed. I just need a way to get that key back somehow. Perhaps I need to refresh windows but that's a little painful.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2016, 05:46:53 pm »
I am sure I don't have regular FS installed. I just need a way to get that key back somehow.

Just create it yourself. And, remove the one I said must be removed.

Klausz

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2016, 06:17:50 pm »
I'm sorry I am not so techsavvy, I've never dealt with regestries on my own, is it as simple as creating a new key with the right name and then moving the file that shouldn't be in the FSX-SE one to that one? If not, then is there somewhere I can check on how to add it properly? Or are you able to explain to me briefly?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2016, 12:04:59 am »
Would you rather have me fixing the key for you ? We can have a remote session with Teamviewer, PM me to arrange it. It won't take more than a couple of minutes.

Klausz

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 04:39:19 pm »
Have you gotten my PM?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2016, 05:03:37 pm »
Have you gotten my PM?

Yes, but you cannot expect an immediate reply during weekends.