Author Topic: GSX Installing Issues  (Read 4136 times)

ObeseDuck55

GSX Installing Issues
« on: September 05, 2016, 01:35:16 pm »
Yes its another one of these, before I post the issues I will say I have been through Reddit, google and these forums to search for someone with a similar problem and have done a handful of the suggestions (Yes the anti virus one) and many more. It may be the case I didn't do one completely correctly but I have been retrying everything I can think of short of Re-installing FSX-SE and am competent on a computer.

The first issue is the SODE verification page which crops up near the end of the install shown below. Im not really sure what i'm meant to do on this page, do i just make everything green and exit?

https://i.gyazo.com/d060d2a69bbc45f014983a591e6ca07f.png
(I did activate SODE in the window above is there anywhere else i need to activate it?)

After pressing exit on that window the rest of the install completes fine and appears to work. However when starting FSX I get no popup asking to activate GSX or anything to do with FSDT and no mention of it in the in game addons drop down.
In the drop down i have; SODE, PMDG, RAAS and FSUIPC

Thank you.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 03:32:57 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Installing Issues
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 03:34:56 pm »
Yes its another one of these, before I post the issues I will say I have been through Reddit, google and these forums to search for someone with a similar problem and have done a handful of the suggestions

You should always ask here FIRST.

The first issue is the SODE verification page which crops up near the end of the install shown below. Im not really sure what i'm meant to do on this page, do i just make everything green and exit?

Yes, of course.

In the drop down i have; SODE, PMDG, RAAS and FSUIPC

Are you SURE you are using the CURRENT version of the GSX installer ? If not, download it now and try again.

ObeseDuck55

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 04:56:26 pm »
Thank you for the speedy reply, I am undoubtedly sure its the current one.

Going over some of the older fixes i tried there is one that i thought it may be but its looked too complicated and I didnt 100% understand what I was doing/why i needed to do it. I have active sky next and its most recent update and I read somewhere about It renaming a .dll file or something of the sort so SODE couldnt access it, not sure how accurate what im saying is to the actual fix.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 07:05:36 pm »
You can activate logging in the installer, this way:

- Open a command prompt  ( start -> CMD -> enter )

- go to the folder where you have the installer, for example:

CD c:\Users\Yourname\Desktop

Assuming you put the installer on the Desktop

- launch the installer with this command:

gsx_fsx_setup.exe /log=install.log

This should hopefully create a file named install.log on your Desktop. If you have it, then send it to me ( via Email, please )

ObeseDuck55

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 02:37:41 pm »
I sent the email a couple of days ago.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 04:56:24 pm »
I sent the email a couple of days ago.

And you'll be replied to as soon as possible. No need to solicit it here.

ObeseDuck55

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 05:34:45 am »
2 Weeks any update on the issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 11:37:58 am »
2 Weeks any update on the issue?

??? I already replied to you by email, you must have missed it or it might have been lost for some reason (anti-spam, maybe).

In my email reply, I said there wasn't anything wrong in your install.log, GSX correctly detected FSX:SE in the correct folder and installed everything correctly.

The problem, is that *FSX:SE* is instead looking in the wrong folder for the DLL.XML files, most likely because it BELIEVES you still FSX installed, this likely because you HAD FSX installed before, then you removed it without reinstalling FSX:SE and you haven't removed it entirely, the same problem happened here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,13998.msg105830.html#msg105830

To fix this, edit the following registry key using REGEDIT:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator - Steam Edition

Change the value of the Registry Key named Co-existence from 1 to 0

Start FSX:SE and it should probably work now.