Author Topic: Catering Services not available for this aircraft **SOLVED**  (Read 14513 times)

JariJr

Catering Services not available for this aircraft **SOLVED**
« on: August 30, 2016, 09:20:02 pm »
Ok, I already checked old posts about this topic but this is driving me nuts. I've never had any problem with GSX before and now, regardless the aircraft OR the airport I just have no catering at all. MDPC (tropical), SKBO (VirtualCol), dozens of aerosoft airports... using the aerosoft A320\319, pmdg 772\773, ngx, md-11.. the catering just don't work anymore. And yeah, I already downloaded the last gsx installer since I reinstalled my fsx last week. And I just did now and the problem remains.

waiting for the fix.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 05:13:52 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Catering Services not available for this aircraft.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:51:36 pm »
Try retracing your steps.  If it worked before, what had you done when it stopped?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

JariJr

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 05:34:30 pm »
Try retracing your steps.  If it worked before, what had you done when it stopped?

Just reinstalled windows and flight simulator

JariJr

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 01:08:39 pm »
So... still waiting for help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 01:18:47 pm »
This has already been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14260.0.html

The user said it was fixed applying the latest update.

JariJr

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 05:58:47 pm »
with all respect... but I didn't think you read the post. i said I already checked the post and I just installed windows\fsx using the lastest gsx version one day ago. Didn't worked.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2016, 12:05:27 am »
with all respect... but I didn't think you read the post.

I read the post but, since this cannot possibly happening if you have everything updated, and the only ones that ever reported it before said it WAS fixed with the latest updates, then the only possible conclusion is that you haven't installed the latest version.

Maybe you downloaded it, but you have installed an older installer you downloaded in the past from the same folder, it's easy to get confused when you have several files with very similar names in the same folder, with (1), (2) appended to them.

If you are ABSOLUTELY sure you ARE installing the current GSX full installer, then it's possible you might have some done some kind of mistake either customizing your airports, or customizing your planes, for example by setting doors to the wrong height, which would exclude all possible catering vehicles, which are chosen depending on the service doors height.

To revert all the customization to default, remove the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

Then reinstall GSX.

JariJr

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 02:00:15 am »
with all respect... but I didn't think you read the post.

If you are ABSOLUTELY sure you ARE installing the current GSX full installer, then it's possible you might have some done some kind of mistake either customizing your airports, or customizing your planes, for example by setting doors to the wrong height, which would exclude all possible catering vehicles, which are chosen depending on the service doors height.
Then reinstall GSX.

EDIT

Still not working. Aerosoft Airbus \ pmdg ngx\777 and md11, 3x tropicalsim and 4x latinvfr scenery tested. The only "modification" I have are the sceneries and nothing else. Also i'm using the default aircraft's liveries. *NOW* I did a clean install and the same problem remains. Like I said before, 2 days ago I reinstalled windows and fsx (from scratch) and I ALWAYS download the lastest installer from the website.

EDIT 2

I somehow "fixed" this issue going to gsx menu, customize aircraft and set the default option, I had to do this for every aircraft and again, with default liveries, even the airac is not installed yet.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 03:02:48 am by JariJr »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 11:06:42 am »
I somehow "fixed" this issue going to gsx menu, customize aircraft and set the default option

Which confirms what I suspected to be one of the two possible reasons:

then it's possible you might have some done some kind of mistake either customizing your airports, or customizing your planes

Maybe you downloaded a custom file made for the Aerosoft A320, I do recall they had some files on their forum, which were made before we added to the GSX default database, so they might be made obsolete by more recent GSX updates.

If you want to reset all your planes to default, you can do it faster by removing their folders from this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes

cjordan

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2016, 02:33:36 pm »
Try adjusting the gate size. If its too big it wont work. I had this problem with the PMDG MD11 and works fine now.
after reinstalling everything twice..... >:(   some how the new install changes some of the gate sizes.

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 09:11:10 am »
I have the same message in the FSLabs Airbus. What size gate should I set to allow for catering? I have the latest GSX installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 10:13:25 am »
There are no catering vehicles in GSX that are locked by the gate radius. Some GSX vehicles are (some Pushback trucks), but none of the catering vehicles is linked to the gate radius so, changing it will not have any effect on the choice of the vehicle used for catering.

They are ONLY dependent on the airplane service doors heights so, the only possible reason why you don't see a catering vehicle, is that you configured a plane wrongly, not setting the service door height correctly.

However, if you set it too low, for example, you should *at least* see a MiniVan, which is the vehicle used in case the service doors height is very low.

So, the only possible reason I see you would see a message about "no catering vehicles", is that you configured the service door too *high* instead, higher than the highest limit for the larger catering vehicle ( the Scania CT-8000 used for the A380 ), which is about 8 meters.

Is the airplane you used is already internally supported by GSX, it should be enough to use the "Reset" button in the airplane configuration page, to restore the configuration to the one that comes with GSX.

p3dx3

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 08:33:02 pm »
I have not touched the configuration. I was sitting at the gate, and requested catering and the message said not available.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:24:49 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2016, 02:29:20 pm »
I have not touched the configuration. I was sitting at the gate, and requested catering and the message said not available.

As I've said, to be sure of this, use the RESET option in the airplane configuration editor (which will also TELL you from which source GSX is taking the configuration from), to restore the configuration as it comes with GSX.

In addition to that, check also your airplane folder (the one under Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANE_NAME), to NOT have a GSX.CFG, one that you might have downloaded in the past and forgotten about. The "RESET" option won't remove this, because it's a location where *developers* are supposed to place an eventual GSX configuration file, so the Reset option will not remove it.

Check both things, and "Restart Couatl".

Also, another possible reason why you would see such message, is that you are missing the objects, because you haven't installed GSX using the latest FULL installer, which was mandatory with the June 1st update.

JariJr

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 06:14:37 pm »
ok now i'm getting really mad... I spent my last day just "reseting" all the aircraft configs but now, every different airport I use I have to reset the config AGAIN... even the default ones. If I want to use the 738ngx, I have to reset the plane config every time I fly a in a different place and about the "...is that you are missing the objects, because you haven't installed GSX using the latest FULL installer" well, like I said before, I always used the latest installer downloaded from fsdt site.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:16:21 pm by JariJr »